newbie learning the ropes

News, trends, and the future of publishing
TL Rese

newbie learning the ropes

Post by TL Rese » May 23rd, 2012, 7:27 am

a couple weeks ago, i self-pubbed my novelette, Ingress, via KDP Select. i'm now worried that it'll disappear, unnoticed, into an abyss. for marketing, i've scheduled a few free giveaway days, and a reviewer at Kindle Book Review has agreed to write a review on it; i'm also planning to do #SampleSundays on twitter. what else have people found helpful?

also, i'm curious to hear more about other people's experiences. what were sales like for you in the beginning? how long before things started to take off? or did sales start strong and then taper off?

finally: i'm thinking about submitting the story to be considered as a kindle single, but have a few questions and can't seem to find the answers on amazon's website. if my title is in KDP Select, can it also be a kindle single? and if i upload a slightly different 2nd edition, would it have to go through the kindle single selection process again?

Mira

Re: newbie learning the ropes

Post by Mira » May 27th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Hey, Tl. Congratulations on making that first step! There is alot of good information here. I'd browse the threads. Also David Gaughran has a terrific blog and Smashwords has a free phamlet on self-publishing. That may answer some questions or give you new information.

Good luck!