u

Post excerpts from your works in progress and give feedback to your fellow writers.
Goforityeah

u

Post by Goforityeah » February 12th, 2011, 7:27 am

u
Last edited by Goforityeah on February 13th, 2011, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

mnaylor3

Re: Don't Forget To Buy Wands, People.

Post by mnaylor3 » February 12th, 2011, 12:56 pm

A couple of trouble makers wind up being sent off to a wizard school. I like the idea. The Principal seems like a real weirdo. I like that.

I wish you would reveal why they had to go to the Principal's office. It would give us some insight into what kind of kids they are. I hope they are of the misunderstood persuasion and not bratty or the bully kinds.

Best of luck,

RoarShark

Post by RoarShark » February 12th, 2011, 11:54 pm

The character of the principal is great. Hopefully you will expand upon him. Now is this the beginning of the novel/story? If so I think it is kinda rushed into things, just a tad though. Have you thought of starting off with Evan and Cassandra being called down to the principal's office? It might just give a bit more of an introduction to this. It sounds really good though, and I would continue reading if I could. Good job, and good luck.

Goforityeah

Post by Goforityeah » February 13th, 2011, 4:29 am

Thanks so much. I really wanted to know if the humor was working and the situation was convincing. Does Evan need to speak up more? i agree, i will add more of an introduction. You guys have offered highly helpful feedback.
If anyone else has an opinion, please don't hesitate to comment, you have no idea how much help it is to a writer to learn other people's opinions. Thank you.