Shrinking Photos for Avatars(Easy Way)

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Ryan

Shrinking Photos for Avatars(Easy Way)

Post by Ryan » February 4th, 2010, 12:48 am

I've been meaning to drag a mug shot into Photoshop for shrinking for weeks now and realized a super easy way to get a small photo of yourself is to simply take a screen shot of one of your favorite photos. On Macs (Command-Shift-4) will bring up a cursor. Simply crop the part of the photo you want by holding the mouse down. When you release, you'll hear a shutter. The resulting PNG should be anywhere from 25kb to 75kb so it's perfect for avatar and profile pics. Size limits are different for all sites. You can make the file size and pixel dimensions smaller or larger by zooming in and out on the original picture and playing around with the crop size of the screen shot. Hope that makes sense. I'm not a photoshop guy so this was easier. A few people were having troubles since most photos we take are high res and over the limit when it comes to profile pics.

For PC screen shots. Google it. Or get a Mac. :)
My love of fly fishing and surfing connects me to rivers and the ocean. Time with water reminds me to pursue those silly little streams of thought that run rampant in my head.
http://www.withoutrain.com/