Podcast Dedicated to Self-publishing

News, trends, and the future of publishing
neophytepodcast

Podcast Dedicated to Self-publishing

Post by neophytepodcast » November 21st, 2012, 9:38 pm

Hello,

I've lurked on this forum for awhile and thought that some of you might interested in my school project. I graduated from UCSD with degrees in literature and creative writing, but I gave up on trying to get my own work published. Instead, I'm a graduate student at the University of Washington studying Digital Media Storytelling. I decided to create a blog following me as I overcome my stutter to become a podcaster. Naturally, I chose self-publishing as the focus of my podcast because I'm interested in the journey many of you take to publish your own work. if you're interested in setting up an interview, let me know in this post.

Here's an example of my podcast with 17 year old poet Jeremiah Walton who created his on online vanity press for young poets in the New England area. It really is a great story about someone who is passion about writing and determined to create something new.

http://ianolsonsbb.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... on-nov-17/

Please comment and let me know what I can do better- I really am interested in becoming a better broadcaster and I want help other people tell their stories.