Beta/critters for YA Paranormal Romance

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
AliceG

Beta/critters for YA Paranormal Romance

Post by AliceG » September 21st, 2011, 4:59 am

I am looking for another round of betas/critters for my YA, contemporary, paranormal romance. The main story is boy meets girl but there is also a minor m/m scene involved (like 3 paragraphs). 70 000 + words.

A short description:
Lily is a teenager who saw her first ghost at the age of 5. When she was 10 she started a new school, and mistook a ghost in the classroom for a real person. Turned out that talking to yourself in front of other children was a bad way to start a new school. At least if you were interested in ever getting friends.

As a teenager, Lily’s best friend is a ghost named Julien. Unfortunately, Julien’s younger brother, Jason, is one of Lily’s worst bullies. He takes after his older brother, his role model, who died with a secret Jason would never understand.

One day in class, the first ghost Lily ever met reappears. He is sitting there in the front row, looking exactly the same he did when she met him at the age of 5. Only he can’t be a ghost because now everyone in class can see him as well.

E-mail me on grace.alice@mail.com if you are interested in taking a look and you can test it out. If you read the first chapters and decide you don't want to continue I won't be offended :)

Thanks!
Alice

iBel29

Re: Beta/critters for YA Paranormal Romance

Post by iBel29 » October 9th, 2011, 1:52 pm

Hey I am interested, and wanna give it a go since i write in the same category, I sent you an email hey.

keisha

Post by keisha » January 20th, 2012, 1:28 am

If you are still interested in a CP/Beta let me know, we can swap first few pages to see if we would be a good fit (km43458@gmail.com

karoleema

Post by karoleema » January 30th, 2012, 5:29 am

What is the general structure of romance novels? I am looking to write my first mostly romance story during NaNoWriMo, so I am planning it now. It will be a fantasy romance.