Oh Crap Breast Cancer

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
User avatar
Robin
Posts: 315
Joined: April 8th, 2010, 9:09 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by Robin » July 23rd, 2011, 9:57 pm

Oh BComet, my family will definitely be praying for you.

"Cancer sucks. Its a big bad monster that needs a smackdown." <---- My daughter's reply when her teacher was diagnosed (July5th).
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

trixie
Posts: 311
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 12:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by trixie » July 26th, 2011, 5:27 pm

Oh, BComet, I am so sorry to hear about this. You and your family are in my thoughts.

I think it was Diva who commented we don't all know each other, we're names we see a few times a week/day on a forum. But we are compassionate and live lives of goodness, or so I prefer to believe. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you to just post your news and your fears like this. Your strength is inspiring.

User avatar
Beethovenfan
Posts: 322
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by Beethovenfan » July 30th, 2011, 7:08 pm

Hi BComet! Just checking in to let you know I've been thinking of you. Hope you are OK.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

bcomet
Posts: 588
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by bcomet » July 31st, 2011, 2:12 am

Hi My Bransforum friends.
I've been trying to write, to keep writing. Right now, it's a really good place for me.
I'll be going to the hospital cancer center at the University of Michigan Hospital for the whole day on Monday
and by end of day, I'll have a plan of action from a team of 40 banned word, hopefully with my surgery scheduled soon.
I've been approved for funding for a big part of what's to come. I'm so grateful for that.
I am trying to take this one step at a time. I still don't know what I'm in for yet.
Your kind thoughts and support and guidance and prayers are deeply appreciated.
Thank you and I'll keep you posted.
My very best to all of you.
-bcomet

User avatar
sierramcconnell
Posts: 670
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 10:28 pm
Location: BG, KY
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by sierramcconnell » July 31st, 2011, 9:10 am

Just let us know if there's anything we can do. And, since terrible humor is my way of handling things (laughter keeps those endorphins up!), please keep us 'abreast' of the situation.

[hugs] You are in our thoughts and prayers!
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

bcomet
Posts: 588
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by bcomet » August 2nd, 2011, 12:40 pm

My Update:

Lumpectomy in 2-3 weeks. Radiation. Yes. Chemo - maybe - depending on pathology after surgery.

Rough year, yes. At this point, unless pathology reports differently, I have a 95% (MUCH improved over previous predicted 70% outcome) chance of survival.

I will keep you all informed.

In the meantime, THANK YOU for your kindnesses and Please, get your own check ups. Please.

Kindest regards,

bcomet (still writing)

User avatar
sierramcconnell
Posts: 670
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 10:28 pm
Location: BG, KY
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by sierramcconnell » August 2nd, 2011, 12:48 pm

That's great news! :D
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

trixie
Posts: 311
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 12:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by trixie » August 2nd, 2011, 12:58 pm

BComet, thank you for keeping us updated. I can't imagine the relief you and your family must've felt to hear 95% odds in your favor. Keeping you in my thoughts.

bcomet
Posts: 588
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by bcomet » August 2nd, 2011, 1:11 pm

It's very weird to have your life flash before you.

When it was 70 % odds, I asked a few how many would get on a plane if they had a 30% chance of the plane crashing. No one I asked would have agreed to fly under those statistics.

But, as a cancer patient, you have to get on that plane...

The hope that it might be better statistics is very comforting. And there is still that pathology report that will truly determine the outcome.

The doctors tell me I will still have a year to go through. I still don't know what that means. I don't feel sick yet. I just feel scared.

Your kindnesses here mean the world to me. Thank you. Thank you.

This is also a bold new way for me to have become visible.

But, as it seems, there is no place really left to hide.

My kindest regards to all,

bcomet

User avatar
Beethovenfan
Posts: 322
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by Beethovenfan » August 12th, 2011, 2:20 pm

Hi bcomet,
It's been 10 days since your last post so I thought I'd check in on you. I hope treatments aren't making you too sick. After watching a few friends and family go through it I know you probably are though. I just wanted to let you know you are still in my thoughts.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

bcomet
Posts: 588
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by bcomet » August 12th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Thank you Beethovan Fan so much for checking in.
I've been through a whirlwind of doctor appointments. More next week, then on Friday, my surgery...
I won't lie - I'm very scared. But I'm in good hands with God and doctors both.
My nice and very loving husband is also by my side.
I'm praying a lot and writing my WIP trying to keep my creative focus.
So yeah, surgery is my next big step.
Trying to take it one step at a time and not go falling down into everything that may or may not be next. That's hard too.
Prayers are especially appreciated. Thanks again. You all are awesome.

User avatar
Ishta
Posts: 167
Joined: February 22nd, 2010, 3:31 am
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by Ishta » August 13th, 2011, 1:59 am

Hi Bcomet,

I just found this thread.

I am sorry to hear your news, but so happy that you have such good odds in your favor. And more than that, I am happy that you have your husband and your WIP, and that you have opened up to us here.

Keep working on your WIP. Keep spending time with and loving your husband. Keep touching base with your writer- and artist- and other friends. Because all those things are your reasons. Hold them tight to you, and never let them out of your sight.

I'll be thinking of you. I have confidence that your surgery will go well, and that you will come out the other side of this stronger than before. We're all here for you.

User avatar
dios4vida
Posts: 1119
Joined: February 22nd, 2010, 4:08 pm
Location: Tucson, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by dios4vida » August 13th, 2011, 12:32 pm

bcomet wrote:Learning More About Sharing.
ThreeHeartsNewRGB.jpg
I am an artist. I have exhibited across the country and somewhat abroad (China, Kuwait, Russia...)

This is a heart painting that I made called "Three Hearts." It's about joining hearts. I turned it into a print and a project I call my "1000 Hearts Project" to share with dear friends and also to help support children's causes.
If you still find yourself in need of funds, I think you could sell those prints to support your bills. I'd buy one, if it wasn't too expensive. It's gorgeous.
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

bcomet
Posts: 588
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by bcomet » August 22nd, 2011, 6:06 pm

Dear Brenda,
Thank you so much! That print is already dedicated for children's causes, but I am thinking about creating some work for breast cancer too.

And now, the BEST of news:

My surgery was Friday. It went well, and we have still needed to wait for the pathology report on the lymph nodes. They took out two.
Just a few minutes ago, I heard from Pathology. They got it ALL. My cancer was isolated to the lump and removed completely. My nodes are clean. It did not spread.

I am on my knees, grateful.

I'm going to be the best radiation patient they ever had. Life has taken on new meaning.

Much love to all, Thank you so much for your kindness, support, prayers, encouragement, and hope.

Bobbi

User avatar
sierramcconnell
Posts: 670
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 10:28 pm
Location: BG, KY
Contact:

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by sierramcconnell » August 22nd, 2011, 6:16 pm

bcomet wrote:Dear Brenda,
Thank you so much! That print is already dedicated for children's causes, but I am thinking about creating some work for breast cancer too.

And now, the BEST of news:

My surgery was Friday. It went well, and we have still needed to wait for the pathology report on the lymph nodes. They took out two.
Just a few minutes ago, I heard from Pathology. They got it ALL. My cancer was isolated to the lump and removed completely. My nodes are clean. It did not spread.

I am on my knees, grateful.

I'm going to be the best radiation patient they ever had. Life has taken on new meaning.

Much love to all, Thank you so much for your kindness, support, prayers, encouragement, and hope.

Bobbi
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Hooray~! *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest