Just landed in wordtown: A sea-faring scribbler awaits your hello!

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
peterhorvath

Just landed in wordtown: A sea-faring scribbler awaits your hello!

Post by peterhorvath » December 19th, 2023, 8:12 pm

Hello there, fellow quill-drivers, yarn-spinners, and devotees to the word. As a scribbler of tales and a fervent follower of all things oceanic and futuristic, if I may, please allow me to introduce myself.

I'm thrilled to announce that I've been diligently crafting my speculative climate-fiction novel, which has truly taken on a life of its own. It's set in a future drowned world where human consciousness uploads and floating water cities vie for power. I'm eager to collaborate with beta readers.

As for me, my story starts during a time of political unrest, under the shadow of the Iron Curtain. My family’s daring escape to Austria, and our journey to Canada as refugees, has made me acutely aware of life’s unpredictability and the human capacity for resilience. After studying at Tisch’s playground of boundless imagination, I co-founded a venture with National Geographic to document every species on the planet. Now, I'm at Meta, creating AI experiences for 3 billion people, on a mission to bring the world closer together.

Lovely to be here and part of this community. I look forward to getting know some of you. Feel free to drop me a line anytime.

With gratitude,
Peter :geek:

P.S. I'm based in the frigid tundra of Toronto 🇨🇦

asterisk

Re: Just landed in wordtown: A sea-faring scribbler awaits your hello!

Post by asterisk » February 19th, 2024, 12:38 am

Oh my, your life is a story to tell. Hi to you, too.

Selby-Benson

Re: Just landed in wordtown: A sea-faring scribbler awaits your hello!

Post by Selby-Benson » March 22nd, 2024, 11:41 am

Hi! How many words is your novel so far?