Looking for a CP for my 52K word psyc thriller

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Jess

Looking for a CP for my 52K word psyc thriller

Post by Jess » March 26th, 2020, 6:01 pm

I'm looking for a critique partner for 52K word psyc thriller. Here's the blurb:

When Peyton learns that her best friend Danny died in the house they bought together in Haven, she heads up to the vacation town, leaving behind her husband and her life, to sort through her feelings. She was expecting to deal with her guilt about why she and Danny drifted apart, or at least hide her breakdown from her husband, but she wasn't expecting Alex. Or Sarah, or Ben.

Peyton also wasn’t expecting new information to keep turning up, making her question the circumstances of Danny’s death. She can’t be sure if the warnings tugging at the edges of her mind are pointing her towards the truth, or just distracting her from her own guilt. Peyton sorts through a web of possibly white lies, ghosts, and temptations while trying to do the right thing for herself and Danny. The questions about Danny’s death start trickling into everything, and make Peyton question more than she would have ever thought possible.

I'm a beginning writer, so if you're looking for a very experienced writer as a critique partner I'm probably not a good choice. I am a very avid reader, especially for psyc thrillers, but also for scifi, fanasy, and most fiction. I have some experience giving feedback on non-fiction and a little fiction, and I've really enjoyed it. Let me know if this story sounds like something you'd be down to critique, and I'm very happy to read pretty much whatever you got!

jessywrites

Re: Looking for a CP for my 52K word psyc thriller

Post by jessywrites » June 12th, 2020, 6:33 pm

Hey, my coming of age thriller has a 65 000 word count. I can't DM because I'm new, maybe you can initiate contact and we can figure out if we are a match?