Seeking critique partner

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
BrittanyLynn

Seeking critique partner

Post by BrittanyLynn » November 21st, 2018, 12:12 pm

I'm getting back into writing. I have some short stories I have been working on and a novel that I plan to start in the near future. I would love to have someone to exchange ideas with, talk about writing with, exchange work, and just generally grow in writing. I am a mother of a toddler and I work 40 hours a week (more if you count the on call I do for my company) so I would like to have someone that might be in a similar stage of life. Understanding that some times will be more productive than others but still committed to work of telling stories. I am writing short stories of different genres and plan to write mystery/suspense, psychological thrillers when I'm able to really dig into the novel(s) I have ideas for. I read just about any genre, however.

SubatomicHobo

Re: Seeking critique partner

Post by SubatomicHobo » December 5th, 2018, 7:22 pm

Hello! I am in a similar situation. I work full time (more than full time for the holidays). I'm writing short stories regularly for a podcast that I'm starting up and would love to get a fresh perspective on the pieces before putting them out for the world. I read just about every genre and would love to see some of your work.

Balzac888

Re: Seeking critique partner

Post by Balzac888 » March 15th, 2019, 3:01 am

Hi,

I’m retired now, but I used to be a teacher and still write freelance journalism articles. I also wrote a book about living and working as an expat in Thailand.

I am working on a second book which is a collection of short stories set in Bangkok, Thailand. I live in there. I’ve already written 5-6 that have an Aristotlean “Begining, Middle & End” (though still need work) and am also working on 3-4 others. I hope to get it to be in a publishable state by sometime this year, 2019.

If you’re interested in doing a crit swap and see how it goes, do let me know.

cheers

Tom