March Madness!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
aspiring_x

Re: March Madness!!!

Post by aspiring_x » March 18th, 2010, 9:28 pm

tiff76 wrote:Rock Chalk Jayhawk all the way!
second that one! go wildcats too!
georgetown totally wrecked me!
Last edited by aspiring_x on March 18th, 2010, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 18th, 2010, 9:40 pm

I should have picked Murry!! I forgot they were from Kentucky or I would have. Ditzy moment for me. I have Nova getting further so I hope they get the act together. As for Louisville vs. Duke, 2 of my least favorite teams, I picked Louisville (or little brother as us UK fans call them).

How about Ohio taking out Georgetown!!! Did NOT see that coming. I had them losing in round 2 so I don't think it hurts me too horribly. Regardless it made me really happy.

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » March 18th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Georgetown screwed me, but I'm on page one of our standings so that's good. Or I was, I don't know where I am now...

I'm glad Vandy lost. I do not have warm fuzzies in my heart for Coach Stallings. I'm sad for the PLAYERS, but not for him.

Sarah Enni

Post by Sarah Enni » March 18th, 2010, 11:30 pm

@ Matthew Rush GO HUSKIES! Man what a day, the upsets were mind-boggling. I had CBS on at work all day (not my most productive afternoon...) It was worth it to see the multiple OTs and then Georgetown later, wow. I did not see that coming. So much for the big, bad Big East.

JaEvans

Post by JaEvans » March 19th, 2010, 1:00 am

Not to knock basketball but eh... I am Canadian, and we did just win the 2010 Olympic Gold in ice hockey. So I have to say that hockey, in my opinion, is the best sport out there. Maybe I could agree that basketball is equal with hockey but we lost our team from Vancouver a few years back. It was the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Anyhow... I just thought I would add a Canuck comment.

Cheers on the B Ball.
"Life is a tragedy for those who feel, a comedy for those who think" Horace Walpole

Heather08

Post by Heather08 » March 19th, 2010, 3:12 am

Go Volunteers!
Between the sixth seat and the bloodbath that was the Kentucky game, I think Tennessee felt like they have something to prove. I can’t wait until they play Ohio (little upset that I picked Vandy to beat Ohio but I’ll roll with the punches.)
I’m excited about West Virginia---I’ve got faith that they can take on Kentucky.
Georgetown totally broke my heart and then Washington just threw salt in the wound but my bracket isn't crashing and burning yet so I’m still optimistic.
Last edited by Heather08 on March 19th, 2010, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 19th, 2010, 8:36 am

JaEvans wrote:Not to knock basketball but eh... I am Canadian, and we did just win the 2010 Olympic Gold in ice hockey. So I have to say that hockey, in my opinion, is the best sport out there. Maybe I could agree that basketball is equal with hockey but we lost our team from Vancouver a few years back. It was the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Anyhow... I just thought I would add a Canuck comment.

Cheers on the B Ball.
I hear you Ja. I was pretty torn up when Seattle let someone steal the Sonics away, even though I don't live there any more. Then again when you build the Hawks and the M's new stadiums and the Sonics are still playing in the concrete coliseum built in the 60's, what can you expect.

Anyway regarding the tournament whoever picked Murray State is looking like a genius right now. I had Vandy going to the sweet 16 but at least I wasn't on the G-Town bandwagon.

@ Sarah Enni GO Huskies! Did you see that NB has them winning twice? Sure hope they do.

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » March 19th, 2010, 9:08 am

Georgetown, Georgetown, Georgetown... I thought I could trust you, George, I really did. You sounded so dependable, George. Really you did. I mean, George... who can't trust a George? Three games, that's all you needed to make me happy. Three little games... and instead, zero? The big bagel? And not even by a lucky toss at the buzzer, either. Got your hat handed to you. And it was a dunce cap. Where's Patrick Ewing when you need him?
The Alchemy of Writing at www.alchemyofwriting.blogspot.com

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » March 19th, 2010, 9:09 am

JaEvans,

Hey, I'm a fellow Canuck and I have enough basketball ardor for the both of us. So don't you worry.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 19th, 2010, 9:43 am

Ink wrote:JaEvans,

Hey, I'm a fellow Canuck and I have enough basketball ardor for the both of us. So don't you worry.
Ink that's great but you have the Raptors and the Pistons close enough to go catch a game if you wanted. Poor JaEvans and the entire Pacific Northwest are devoid of professional basketball, unless you count the Blazers.

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » March 19th, 2010, 9:56 am

Hey, that's what satellite tv is for! ;)

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 19th, 2010, 10:18 am

Ink wrote:Hey, that's what satellite tv is for! ;)
Good point.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 19th, 2010, 11:08 am

I made a post earlier & it seems the Internet ate it. I'll try again after while since I'm at the workplace.

tiftruitt

Post by tiftruitt » March 19th, 2010, 4:11 pm

in my next life I will pick the lowest seeded team for every round. jeesh.

Heather08

Post by Heather08 » March 19th, 2010, 4:51 pm

tiftruitt wrote:in my next life I will pick the lowest seeded team for every round. jeesh.
Sounds like a plan to me :)
Except you may want to avoid ETSU...