Do you have a new blog post?

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and promoting your book on the Internet
charlotte49ers

Re: Do you have a new blog post?

Post by charlotte49ers » March 12th, 2010, 2:47 pm

I talked about...well...I'm not very sure. lol

Mostly about what I'm looking forward to in re: to editing and what I'm not, and then I ask for other's input.

Also, a reminder about my contest because it ends tomorrow night at 11:59 pm EST! :-)

|
|
|
\/

Matthew MacNish

New Blog

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 12th, 2010, 4:42 pm

I have a new blog with a stupid name: The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment. Some seem to find that title funny. I think it's annoying. Annoying but appropriate because the querying process is a bit annoying, or if you're like me it's hair-pullingly tedious and impossibly esoteric. At least it was at first.

On my blog I've been posting every query letter, and their replies, that I've sent out regarding my first novel. I started with the worst because I find it best to begin at the beginning; and I will be working toward more recent queries that are improvements and have found at least a measure of success (read: full or patial MS requests).

Most of it is painfully awkward and mildly embarrassing for me personally, but the point is to improve, thicken the skin, hope for some catharsis, and maybe, just maybe, help some other novice writer in the future avoid the mistakes I've already made.

Writers who've never been published please stop by and follow or comment, together we can help each other improve our work and and learn to avoid allowing rejections to get to us.

Published authors please visit and remember your early days. Who knows it might make you smile.

Agents please stay away. Just kidding, feel free to share some wisdom, or even just a chuckle at my ignorance.

Huge thanks to Mr. Bransford for being an agent with an attitude, sense of humor, and optimism that are not only rare, but incredibly encouraging. Oh, and for this little blog and its forums. The link is in my signature.

Edit: Ink are you there? This was meant to be a new topic, not another reply since it doesn't belong in this thread anyway and I already posted something similar here. Did something glitch out or was I a little tipsy when I posted this?

zoecourtmansmith

Post by zoecourtmansmith » March 13th, 2010, 4:30 am

New post: What is it about fear? For me, it's worse than the vampires: http://zoecourtman.blogspot.com/2010/03 ... -fear.html
Building word count daily - check out my progress at http://www.zoecourtman.blogspot.com

denizb33

Post by denizb33 » March 13th, 2010, 9:16 pm

Great idea for a topic!
Mine are at www.thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.com and www.simplescarf.com
:-)
Deniz

Ishta

Post by Ishta » March 13th, 2010, 10:03 pm

Oooh, goody! An opportunity for a shameless plug!

:-)

I blog about writing and acting at www.ishtamercurio.blogspot.com

My most recent post is about eBooks and the use of electronic media by actors and writers for self-promotion. I try to post 2 or 3 times a week or so. See you there!

Katelan

Post by Katelan » March 13th, 2010, 10:36 pm

I absolutely adore blogging. So much so I have categories for my blog. It goes by the name of La Gitana and chronicles my life as an artist, writer, tarot reader, & art editor. Basically, my life as "La Gitana" (the gypsy). You got to love la vie boheme. Here's my latest entry about my book coming out in April. http://www.katelanfoisy.com/blog/2010/3 ... dding.html

Art Edwards

Self-Publishing and Literary Fiction

Post by Art Edwards » March 16th, 2010, 1:13 am

I thought I already did this. Here it is again.

http://artedwards-layindownthelaw.blogs ... ction.html

Art

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 16th, 2010, 6:30 am

I try to have a new one every weekday, though I haven't posted yet today. It is only 6:30 here though so I think I have some time yet. Anyway visit my welcome page or my most recent post by clicking on either link below in my signature. Thanks!

mmcdonald64

Post by mmcdonald64 » March 16th, 2010, 9:39 am

I just started blogging a few weeks ago. I thought it would be hard to think up things to say, but I've found that not only am I posting every day, most days I think up a second post. I try to keep it relevant to writing, but I do tend to wander off topic. I haven't yet posted a new one today, but I have one burning to get out.

I have the link at the bottom of my posts.

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » March 16th, 2010, 3:04 pm

I posted a teaser (password: teasertuesday) - keep in mind, these are all first drafts!

And tonight, I'll be posting the two winners of my contest. :-)

mmcdonald64

Post by mmcdonald64 » March 16th, 2010, 9:53 pm

I had fun with my blog today. I posted in the voice of Coach Taylor, from Friday Night Lights. I think I might make him a regular guest blogger. ;-)

Regan Leigh

Post by Regan Leigh » March 17th, 2010, 1:46 am

... because we all have an emotional breakdown while writing. Right?

Link is in my signature. :)

Regan Leigh

Post by Regan Leigh » March 17th, 2010, 4:25 pm

Two posts in 24 hours??

Yeah, I did it. Sue me. ;)

If you have advice or questions related to queries, please join us tomorrow night for a Twitter chat!

This is a peer led chat where you can ask questions and give advice to other writers. It could also include helpful links, latest blog posts on the topic, or just venting about our latest query related emotional breakdown.

Updates from @QueryChat.

#querychat 10pm EST/ 7pm PST tomorrow Thurs. Mar 18th!

More details on my blog. Link is in my signature. Hope to see you there!

Marla Warren

Post by Marla Warren » March 17th, 2010, 8:00 pm

My most recent posts on my blog about Michael Crichton deal with a topic I first posted about in February. Most of Crichton’s art collection is going to be auctioned off by Christie’s in April and May.

Monday, February 8, 2010
Paintings from Crichton’s Art Collection to be Auctioned Off

Monday, March 8, 2010
The Four Paintings from Crichton’s Collection

Sunday, March 14, 2010
More Works from Crichton’s Art Collection to be Auctioned Off

I found some interesting links relating to this topic.
“Good writing should be smooth, clear and short, and the art of saying little in much must be avoided at all costs.”
--Benjamin Franklin

Rik

Post by Rik » March 18th, 2010, 1:21 pm

I've been blogging recently about the processes of self-pubbing (yawn) - the results of which can be seen in my siggy link.

Far more interesting may be this recent post where I answer some questions about conlanging.
To Posterity - the latest chapbook of poems from Rik Roots ($free)