Plans for 2014?

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
LizV

Plans for 2014?

Post by LizV » January 2nd, 2014, 9:48 am

Wow, it's quiet around here.

I don't do New Year's Resolutions, but I find goal-setting useful. For me, 2014's big goal is to finish the current WIP. This one's had a lot of roadblocks (including having my original plot yanked out from under me by real-world events!), but I think I've finally got it on the right track -- and with enough word-count that inertia's on my side now. ;-)

That, and to keep querying, of course.

How about you? What's on the front burner for 2014?

polymath

Re: Plans for 2014?

Post by polymath » January 2nd, 2014, 10:44 am

I'm working on a submission packet for a writing arts fellowship. The fellowship is a five-figure grant with few strings attached, meant to encourage the arts, give artists time and finances to set aside the everyday worries the grant affords. Many states' arts councils offer similar arts grants and fellowships. This one is due near the end of the year. A writing sample and mission statement are the core requirements. Grant recipients are ineligible for several following years. The writing samples I'm working on are trial excerpts for the project I'm requesting funding for, about an eighth of the page count of the final project.

Best New Year's wishes to you-all; may ouir writing breakouts be numerous and productive.
Spread the love of written word.

AnmaNatsu

Re: Plans for 2014?

Post by AnmaNatsu » January 2nd, 2014, 1:02 pm

I'm all for goal setting over resolutions! :-) This year, my writing related goals are:
  • Finish the final edits of Aisuru and release it!
  • Decide which of my novels will be my second release
  • Win NaNo 2014 with new novel
  • Finish Novelization Project
  • Record and post least 40 episodes on season 2 of my podcast show The Lackadaisical Writer
  • Finish my "Media Kit" for my website and post
  • Read at least 2 writing/craft books
Writer of love stories and host of "The Lackadaisical Writer" podcast
Debut novel, Aisuru, coming in 2014!
Official Website: http://anmanatsu.com