What are you writing now?

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Terry Towery

Re: What are you writing now?

Post by Terry Towery » January 28th, 2010, 12:34 pm

My completed project, which I'm revising in hopes of querying soon, is character-driven, mainstream fiction with literary underpinnings. Oh, with lots of plot. And swear words. So there.

Kirril

Post by Kirril » January 28th, 2010, 4:12 pm

I'm writing a very dark angsty murder mystery picture book for children.

Nick

Post by Nick » January 28th, 2010, 4:28 pm

Right now, I'm working on my crime novel. Working towards getting to where the protagonist is introduced.
Kirril wrote:I'm writing a very dark angsty murder mystery picture book for children.
Somehow I can't picture that...but oh how I want to. Please get it published :D

r louis scott

Post by r louis scott » January 28th, 2010, 7:30 pm

Historical fiction, Roman Britain in decline. An excellent excuse to read all of those history books, although I really have to get off my ass soon and write a damn synopsis.

lexcade

Post by lexcade » January 31st, 2010, 4:52 pm

my current is SF with romance elements. usually i write fantasy. nothing special, lol
"Art imitates nature as well as it can, as a pupil follows his master; thus it is sort of a grandchild of God." ~~Dante

christi

Post by christi » January 31st, 2010, 5:53 pm

My first (finished) novel that I'm currently pimping is a YA fantasy/adventure/romance with lots of travel to hard to say places filled with hard to say creatures with hard to say given names. Go me.
Would you sign my story for a Klondike bar?

http://christigoddard.blogspot.com/

Remus Shepherd

Post by Remus Shepherd » February 1st, 2010, 3:01 pm

I'm working on my fourth novel, a science fiction story that's the first humorous writing I've done in a while. It's also taking shape into an odd structure -- there's an opening act, a three-act rashomon sequence where I tell a story in one time period with three different POVs, and then a closing act. So far it's coming together pretty well.

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » February 1st, 2010, 10:06 pm

I'm adding to my list! I never thought I'd write an adult novel, but I had an idea spark the other day and have played with it some. It's too early to really even know what it is, but I'm really excited about it. :)

Kaitlyne

Post by Kaitlyne » February 5th, 2010, 9:41 pm

charlotte49ers wrote:I'm adding to my list! I never thought I'd write an adult novel, but I had an idea spark the other day and have played with it some. It's too early to really even know what it is, but I'm really excited about it. :)
Good luck, Charlotte!

Nick

Post by Nick » February 5th, 2010, 10:01 pm

Nick wrote:Right now, I'm working on my crime novel. Working towards getting to where the protagonist is introduced.
So, yeah, introduced him today, after a string of edits to combat the crap I had spouted one night that was wildly in opposition to the rest of the narrative. And finished the first chapter today, which really ends not long after he's introduced. Also I would totally go gay for my protag. Just sayin'.

Elizabeth Poole

Post by Elizabeth Poole » February 6th, 2010, 10:34 pm

Nick said: Also I would totally go gay for my protag. Just sayin'.
ROTFLMAO. Sounds like I want to met him!

I am writing urban fantasy. I pretty much stay there, though the novels might have a splash of some other element, like western or science fiction. But even ideas that start out mainstream wind up with magic and djinn, and undine, and all sorts of creatures that aren't real in them by the time I am done.

Magical creatures are tricksy like that.
Proud owner of a Plot Wolverine

http://writerelizabethpoole.blogspot.com/

bySD

Post by bySD » February 7th, 2010, 9:16 am

Currently I am making half-hearted attempts at everything because I made a list of goals for myself,. but I'm not exactly living up to them. Instead, I'm asleep.
:D

dkj63

Post by dkj63 » February 10th, 2010, 3:45 am

I just completed a short story I'm submitting to Dreamspinner Press for an upcoming anthology they're putting together. I'm working on a sequel to my first novel, BROKEN, which came out from Dreamspinner in November. And I'm waiting to hear back from a beta about a sci-fi thriller I wrote called On One Hand, the query for which did well in Nathan's 2009 Agent for a Day contest. ;-P

craig

Post by craig » February 13th, 2010, 11:45 am

I'm in the final stretch (13,000 words to go in my projected-to-be-90,000-word work) of a dark SF novel with noir-ish elements. Then I have to heavily edit it and rewrite portions. We'll see how long this takes me as I'm busy enough with work and school.

(Yay! My first post ever on this forum!)

austingirl

Post by austingirl » February 13th, 2010, 12:17 pm

I'm taking a screenplay I wrote while studying at UCLA and rewriting it as a novel. It's Austin Powers meets the Dark Knight. It's genre would be science fiction, comedy, high-fantasy and action-adventure. Title: 'Adventures of Austin Girl: Legend of Diablo.'