Official NaNoWriMo 2012 Thread

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Graeme o'Winnipeg

Re: Official NaNoWriMo 2012 Thread

Post by Graeme o'Winnipeg » November 9th, 2012, 1:17 pm

I am totally behind in word count, but I guess as consolation, I went into this not planning on reaching 50,000. I suppose as long as you finish and keep moving, and don't lose the energy, that's okay. I am a veteran of a few other things, so I know I will finish - writing projects continue to advance as long as you keep writing them. Something I find very helpful is a solid outline, because you can get anchored in what is to happen and pace yourself.

Anyone wants to buddy me, I'm on the site. Let's form the slow-writer club! That way when December comes we can keep motivating each other to finish.

A Thousand Roads by Graeme Brown, Winnipeg Author

Collectonian

Post by Collectonian » November 9th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Currently 2600 words behind or so, and unlikely to write much else tonight. Not terribly worried though. I usually catch up during the 6 hr Sunday write ins :-)

Amanda Elizabeth

Post by Amanda Elizabeth » November 10th, 2012, 2:25 am

I'm on track... 14,948 words. I was ahead but I feel like crapola and my head is way too fuzzy to write tonight.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » November 10th, 2012, 10:03 pm

I'm behind, although I haven't started writing for the day. So I guess you could say I'm halfway between behind and on-track. I can say, however, that it has never been so hard to reach my goals. I'm always busy, but never this crazily busy. By midnight I just have to hit the sack and don't have the energy for wee-morning catch-ups as I had before.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Collectonian

Post by Collectonian » November 26th, 2012, 4:29 pm

The end of NaNo 2012 nears...how is everyone doing?

I'm currently at 38,795, so a little behind, but we have two write-ins to go and I feel pretty confident I'll make it to 50k. Though I've also come to realize that at 50k I'll only be just starting the second half of my novel @_@

Quill

Post by Quill » November 26th, 2012, 6:53 pm

Good going!

I've made it past 50K, and have had to lay it down for the moment.

For me, December will be another NaNo-like month, to complete the project.

Best luck and wishes to all, going down to the finish line!

Claudie

Post by Claudie » November 26th, 2012, 6:57 pm

I'm late. Like, 36k-and-three-big-schoolwork-to-hand-in-by-the-30th late. Tonight I am writing at least 3k, tomorrow I plan on 5k-6k, and after that we'll see I guess. I think I'll manage it, but this has been the roughest year so far. I spent an entire week writing next to nothing.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » November 26th, 2012, 8:39 pm

I passed 50,000 and am working towards 60,000 tonight. I am hoping to end the month with 75,000.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Aimée

Post by Aimée » November 26th, 2012, 9:52 pm

I have only just passed 15,000, which is a bit disappointing, but I did know from the start that I would not have time to make to 50 over the course of the month. I am aiming for 20,000, which is doable for the rest of the week... December is a better month for NaNo for me, and I am hoping to write 30,000 in December. I'm going to have to admit that while I am in college, NaNo is never going to happen for me...

Claudie

Post by Claudie » November 28th, 2012, 5:29 pm

I caught up yesterday! More than that, I caught up but am still very satisfied about what I wrote. These scenes are good, my novel found its path again and I feel like I'm going somewhere meaningful! Considering the amount of school-related work I had to do, for me to be on track for victory again is nothing short of writerly miracle, and it makes me very happy. :)

And Sommer, get that 75k!

Aimée: Keep trying! Some of my friends couldn't combine college and NaNo the first years but they managed it last year! You never know when it'll happen, and even if you don't get past 15-20k, that's probably way more than you would've without throwing yourself into NaNo. I have Wrimos who come back every year and almost always end up there, but they try hard every year and are happy with the results. (Also, they go from 15k to 20k and sometimes up to 25k, so you never know?) Besides, if you do 30k in December while most Wrimos just collapse from exhaustion, you still get almost 50k out of the exercise, no?

Graeme o'Winnipeg

Post by Graeme o'Winnipeg » December 30th, 2012, 1:47 pm

It's a month after NaNoWriMo, but I'm wondering, how many who started out but didn't finish have kept up the steam and are still going forward? My project is looking like it may be novel-length - my current estimate is 80,000 words. I'm picking away at it, and my publisher is waiting patiently. I don't expect to give it to them unti lthe spring. How everyone else's progress?

jonestruckzs

Post by jonestruckzs » August 12th, 2023, 4:35 am

I don't do the twitter thing as of right now, but I'm planning on participating in Nano this year. I'd love to know all of your Nano nicknames so we can all be friends (hahah - I just pictured daisies and dandelion puffs floating all over!).
waplus
projectfreetv.onl
Last edited by jonestruckzs on January 25th, 2024, 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

dozesstun

Post by dozesstun » October 31st, 2023, 7:34 am

I'm trying my hand at writing a middle grade book this year. I plan to have the book around 30K, which means I'll have to work on something else to meet the 50K goal. I'll probably go back to last years project, which is a complete mess at the moment. Heh.
indigo card
jjsploit.click
Last edited by dozesstun on November 6th, 2023, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.