So Grateful

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
CharleeVale

So Grateful

Post by CharleeVale » August 23rd, 2012, 1:28 am

I just wanted to take a sec and say that I am so grateful for you guys.

I recently started to get involved lightly with another writing community, and in the 4 months I've been there, though I have made friends, I've had multiple incidents of drama, cattiness, rudeness, and just all-around unpleasantness. Even from the administrators!

I've never felt that here, and I just wanted to say thank you for being so awesome. I love you all.

Charlee

trixie

Re: So Grateful

Post by trixie » August 26th, 2012, 11:59 am

Ditto, Charlee. I've looked around at some other writing forums, just to see what else was going on. Not only did I feel like I was "cheating" on you guys, but I also felt like the other boards weren't necessarily "real."

Here, there is a definite "hive mentality" where we are all legitimately pulling for everyone's success. I don't feel that group support in some other forums, which is why I usually don't even bother creating a handle. I get awesome information here, and almost none of the drama.

High fives for everyone!

Beethovenfan

Re: So Grateful

Post by Beethovenfan » August 27th, 2012, 12:47 pm

I completely agree. This is just a great place to hang out! There have been disagreements, but never any animosity. And that's really saying something, considering we all communicate here through writing. It's so easy to misinterpret what someone is trying to say because you can't "hear" the tone in which they meant it. I think most of us here are aware of that and try very hard to write our posts in such a way that it's easy to interpret.

And, now that I'm writing about communicating through writing, I hope I'm communicating my thoughts in a very communicating sort of way. :roll:
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven