I'm High Right Now (because they like my book)

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
AnimaDictio

I'm High Right Now (because they like my book)

Post by AnimaDictio » July 19th, 2012, 1:38 pm

I submitted the first 40 pages of my novel to a critique group a few days ago. Several of them independently said that the novel would make an excellent movie, one said "blockbuster," because of its "imagination" and the visuals."

So, I've been daydreaming about getting calls from Steven Spielberg for the past two days. I don't even know if I want to write until I'm down from his high.

dios4vida

Re: I'm High Right Now (because they like my book)

Post by dios4vida » July 19th, 2012, 2:14 pm

I think this is the best time to write!! When you're passionate and excited about what you're writing, it flows better and the words shine.

Incidentally, I know how you feel! I've submitted the first 8K of my WIP to my critique circle over the past few weeks and the feedback I'm getting is amazingly positive. I never knew how incredible it feels to have other writers says things like "I've never read anything like this" and "I love love love this." My passion for this story, which was already burning a hole in my heart, has increased tenfold since getting these reviews, and continuing the work has been a sheer joy.

Oh, and CONGRATS!!! :D
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

AnimaDictio

Post by AnimaDictio » July 19th, 2012, 2:21 pm

To you too!

Now, I totally want to read yours. :)

sldwyer

Post by sldwyer » July 20th, 2012, 1:46 pm

When you've gotten such good response to your writing try to remember which part of the writing they exclaimed most on. Reread that portion and see how it differs from the rest of your writing. Take that as an example of how to write forward.
What do you write?

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » July 20th, 2012, 2:17 pm

dios4vida wrote:I think this is the best time to write!! When you're passionate and excited about what you're writing, it flows better and the words shine.

Incidentally, I know how you feel! I've submitted the first 8K of my WIP to my critique circle over the past few weeks and the feedback I'm getting is amazingly positive. I never knew how incredible it feels to have other writers says things like "I've never read anything like this" and "I love love love this." My passion for this story, which was already burning a hole in my heart, has increased tenfold since getting these reviews, and continuing the work has been a sheer joy.

:D
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Mira

Post by Mira » July 21st, 2012, 7:16 pm

Congratulations! I know that feeling. There is nothing better than knowing someone loves your writing. It's great motivation, too! :D

AnimaDictio

Post by AnimaDictio » July 23rd, 2012, 5:13 pm

sldwyer wrote:When you've gotten such good response to your writing try to remember which part of the writing they exclaimed most on. Reread that portion and see how it differs from the rest of your writing. Take that as an example of how to write forward.
What do you write?
I write fantasy.