Looking for Critique Partner for new Fantasy Novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
PabloGCC

Looking for Critique Partner for new Fantasy Novel

Post by PabloGCC » May 25th, 2012, 12:39 am

Greetings from Mexico!

I've recently finished my first novel and I'd be very appreciative if a couple or so readers would liek to critique the manuscript. I'll be glad to reciprocate; however, since I'm a college student, it might take me some time to do so.

Here's a synopsis

Set in Asaia, a magic-filled world, during a period of technological progress, where civil unrest is growing and tensions between nations are arising. Emperor Regelial, ruler of the Laégelian Empire, the most powerful state, sends members of his family down different paths that lead in the end to the fulfilment of his ultimate goals. These, however, remain a shrouded mystery. Is he an abusive or caring father? A benevolent or cruel ruler? A man with a heart and his people’s interests at hand or only a restless lust for godly power?

Prince Sefiren, the Emperor’s first born, has grown in his father’s shadow and hatred; as well as an unceasing rivalry with his brother, Prince Mytes. Feeling crushed under the weight of his life-style, the prince will find a spark of hope in a quest given to him by his father; a task that takes him into the heart of a brewing conflict between nations. Torn between his duty and heart’s desires, he will take the first steps down a path to independence and the gift of choice. Yet, when the time comes, whom will he choose? What does it take for a family to still be so? Can there be love and trust where there is naught but hatred, rivalry, and lies?

Marasia, one of the Empire’s leading figures and niece to the Empress, survivor of a massacre that took place decades ago, will find the very foundations of her being tested. Enveloped in secrets and promises, she will try to upkeep the dying peace while struggling with truths that contradict her ever belief. Are the Church and Empire she serves really what they look like or if they have a darker nature, masked by thousands of years of history? Is she doing the right things? Is she even who she thinks she is?

Despite the dark times ahead, in their hour of need, the Apostle, the Goddess incarnate, shall arise to reignite the flame of hope in the people of Asaia. The war is just the beginning; there are deeper, darker truths and nothing is quite the way it seems at first glance. Allies will also be made; unique friends with their own obscure pasts and fears struggling between self and duty.

What would you be willing to do to find out the truth about yourself? How far would you go to protect that which you love the most?

I hope some of you grow interested. I'm looking forward to working with some of you. Thanks in advance!

clegler

Re: Looking for Critique Partner for new Fantasy Novel

Post by clegler » June 8th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Hi there! Are you still looking for someone to read your manuscript? I'd be happy to help. A lot of the elements of your novel/plot seem very similar to those of my own novel that I am writing, so I might be able to offer insight on a more personal level. Let me know if you're interested! :)

PabloGCC

Re: Looking for Critique Partner for new Fantasy Novel

Post by PabloGCC » June 21st, 2012, 6:33 pm

Hey! sorry that I took this long to reply. Sure, if you're still willing, I'd be happy to send you the manuscript and if you want, I could take a look at yours ;)