After 150+ hours of work, she is ready (Revised website)

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and promoting your book on the Internet
Guardian

After 150+ hours of work, she is ready (Revised website)

Post by Guardian » April 2nd, 2012, 10:36 am

After around 150+ hours of work, remastering arts, creating tiny graphic elements, buttons and re-coding the whole thing, I’ve finished the complete revision of my itsy-bitsy shiny website, so hopefully it will fulfill the wishes of the visitors and also it will be able to prove that contrary to the common belief, even if you’re indie, you can have a quality book website. Other than the complete rework, it has three new features, CStore (Online store), PayPal and downloadable introductory Torrent Edition.

In the previous version the primary problem was that some visitors hated the music, while others loved it. So I created a solution which is hopefully fulfilling all the wishes… however grumpy people who hates music also get a “shaded” penalty. Smiley The flash remained, but some key sub-pages, such as CStore, doesn’t requiring it at all (And visitors also will know the flash requirement from the opening page. I also expanded the website with few additional major features, what you’ll see on the welcoming pages and the menu bar. And the most important thing; the arts what many of you already loved... well, I've reworked all of them here and there. Check “Brilliance” section to see them in their full glory (You’ll understand on the first page what this “Brilliance” section is all about.). The whole thing also got a better brightness / contrast. It took 150+ hours, because I did everything on the website, arts, programming, etc, etc...

Visit my website and please tell me your opinion. :)

Ryan

Re: After 150+ hours of work, she is ready (Revised website)

Post by Ryan » April 5th, 2012, 7:34 pm

That is a pro-grade site. The 150 hours shows. For the fantasy genre, I think it is important to add to the "world" you create in your book. You have done that for sure.

On the home page you might want to make the logos for Amazon, iPad, etc work as links. Some people might want to click straight through and buy it.
My love of fly fishing and surfing connects me to rivers and the ocean. Time with water reminds me to pursue those silly little streams of thought that run rampant in my head.
http://www.withoutrain.com/

MattLarkin

Post by MattLarkin » April 7th, 2012, 11:38 am

Very nicely done, Guardian.
mattlarkin.net
larkinediting.com - freelance editing for fantasy and science fiction
ImageImageImage

bmr2012

Post by bmr2012 » April 23rd, 2012, 11:47 am

an a fantasic website!
you did it all by yourself?

Mira

Post by Mira » April 23rd, 2012, 10:58 pm

Wow, gorgeous. I really like your navigation system and the world you create. Very nice.