Re: Most Handsome Character in Anime

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
trixie

Post by trixie » February 23rd, 2012, 7:12 pm

This is the part where I admit that A) I haven't heard of ANYONE or show/game on this list, with the exception of Sailor Moon, which I just learned from Beth Revis, and B) Can someone tell me the difference between anime and magna?

That's not meant to be a smart ass question. I mean it seriously. I know nothing of these two.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » February 23rd, 2012, 11:44 pm

trixie wrote:This is the part where I admit that A) I haven't heard of ANYONE or show/game on this list, with the exception of Sailor Moon, which I just learned from Beth Revis, and B) Can someone tell me the difference between anime and magna?

That's not meant to be a smart ass question. I mean it seriously. I know nothing of these two.
I will bring Cowboy Bebop with me to Vegas and we can watch it into the wee hours of the morning! :-)
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » February 24th, 2012, 1:16 am

Sommer Leigh wrote:
trixie wrote:This is the part where I admit that A) I haven't heard of ANYONE or show/game on this list, with the exception of Sailor Moon, which I just learned from Beth Revis, and B) Can someone tell me the difference between anime and magna?

I will bring Cowboy Bebop with me to Vegas and we can watch it into the wee hours of the morning! :-)
This is why I'm sad I'm not staying at the hotel with you guys! :(
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Falen

Post by Falen » February 24th, 2012, 9:57 am

Sommer Leigh wrote:

CONVERT HER!

Trixie, Manga is (are? not sure of the pluralization) comics, Anime is (are?) cartoons. So you read Manga, you watch Anime.
"She said she cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful and life was so short." - Brian Andreas

me bloggy - http://www.falenformulatesfiction.blogspot.com

trixie

Post by trixie » February 24th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Falen wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:

CONVERT HER!

Trixie, Manga is (are? not sure of the pluralization) comics, Anime is (are?) cartoons. So you read Manga, you watch Anime.
Um, Cowboy Beebop? Okay. I'm game for new things! Though, I'm starting to wonder if/when I'll sleep in Vegas. :)

And thanks for the explanation, Falen! One you read, one you watch. Sounds easy enough!

Falen

Post by Falen » February 26th, 2012, 2:56 pm

mudpuppy wrote:I'm not sure if he counts (the show he's in isn't exactly anime, but it does seem to have some anime influence); but I always thought Beast Boy from the Cartoon Network's Teen Titians was pretty cute. :)

I would say he counts since the series is animated in an anime style. Sort of an homage, if you will.
"She said she cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful and life was so short." - Brian Andreas

me bloggy - http://www.falenformulatesfiction.blogspot.com

CordeliaEthel

Post by CordeliaEthel » May 11th, 2012, 3:31 am

I would name it as Kaname Kuran from vampire knight he’s extremely gorgeous and a handsome guy. And I’m madly in love with his amazing voice as well.