The Bransforumsfest Writing Workshop Brainstorm

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Mira

Re: The Bransforumsfest Writing Workshop Brainstorm

Post by Mira » October 24th, 2011, 2:59 pm

Cool, guys - I think it's so cool that you're doing this!

You may want to post about this on the main site as well!

Margo

Post by Margo » November 28th, 2011, 3:28 pm

dios4vida wrote: Self-Publishing
Margo
After the month and a half I've had, this should be all kinds of fun.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Fenris

Post by Fenris » December 28th, 2011, 2:58 pm

I realize I'm both reviving a seemingly dead thread and posting after a long silence, so you'll have to forgive me for breaching general forum etiquette...but I have a question.

It may be far too late to bring this up, but I've just thought of it: would it be possible to broaden the theme of the mythology board a bit? This may have been its purpose from the get-go, but I think it might appeal to more people if that workshop focused not just on incorporating mythology but any idea that appeals. Themes, rumors, superstitions, etc. It might end up as more of a round-table thing if done this way, though, or at least more focused on group ideas than before. For example, one could bring up, say, the idea of witchcraft in medieval and pre-Englightenment Europe and America, and the ideas and themes inherent could be tossed around the table, adapted to historical novel format, fantasy, alternate reality, etc. I suppose it'd be more of a mental exercise than a lecture/workshop/whatever, but I thought maybe it might be a good idea to broaden the topic a bit. Any input? Yes? No? Do you think that would make the topic too wide to really hold a workshop for?
Hi, my name's Fenris. I'm a thousand-year-old monster who's broken free to destroy the world. Your kids will love me!

Margo

Post by Margo » December 29th, 2011, 1:42 pm

Heya, Fenris. Check out this more recent thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4465&start=15

Not sure mythology is going to make the cut. It is an excessively broad topic all on its own.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Fenris

Post by Fenris » January 5th, 2012, 7:44 pm

Oh! I thought I'd caught all the threads on the workshop, but I guess not. Thanks, Margo.
Hi, my name's Fenris. I'm a thousand-year-old monster who's broken free to destroy the world. Your kids will love me!

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » January 6th, 2012, 7:55 pm

Does that mean you're coming, Fenris?
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson