The SQUEE GOOD NEWS Thread

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
dios4vida

Re: The SQUEE GOOD NEWS Thread

Post by dios4vida » December 16th, 2011, 12:05 pm

Margo wrote:Part of my squeeing is that I'm excited. Part is so people will know this is possible (and not as rare as some people would have you think...if you put in the writing time and follow the advice of other successful writers).
You so deserve to be excited! That's amazing. Though, considering the quality of your Dis stories, I can't say I'm surprised. :)

And thanks. It's great to hear that it really can happen!
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Margo

Post by Margo » December 16th, 2011, 1:28 pm

Thank you, Brenda. That incredibly sweet of you to say.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Mira

Post by Mira » December 16th, 2011, 5:08 pm

Margo - that's absolutely terrific!! And well-deserved, you worked your patooty off to get here!

I'm very happy for you!! :D :D

p.s. I do wish you'd share your pen name with us, though. How can we buy your books if we don't know who you are???!!!

Margo

Post by Margo » December 17th, 2011, 1:50 pm

Mira wrote: p.s. I do wish you'd share your pen name with us, though. How can we buy your books if we don't know who you are???!!!
Thanks, Mira. :D

Actually, I kind of like that I can say none of my sales came from friends or family feeling obligated to buy my titles.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Cookie

Post by Cookie » December 17th, 2011, 4:20 pm

Margo wrote:
Mira wrote: p.s. I do wish you'd share your pen name with us, though. How can we buy your books if we don't know who you are???!!!
Thanks, Mira. :D

Actually, I kind of like that I can say none of my sales came from friends or family feeling obligated to buy my titles.
But we want to READ them!

Quill

Post by Quill » December 17th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Margo wrote:And in case anyone is wondering, I don't do free, 99-cents, or $2.99 novels.
Aha! They're $1.99 short stories!

Margo

Post by Margo » December 17th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Quill wrote:
Margo wrote:And in case anyone is wondering, I don't do free, 99-cents, or $2.99 novels.
Aha! They're $1.99 short stories!
LOL. Sorry, no. I have no personal experience with $1.99, but I hear from other writers that it doesn't work very well for them.
Cookie wrote:But we want to READ them!
You should be busy writing. :P
mudpuppy wrote:CONGRATES! :D *Gives Miss Lerwill a high five
*high fives the lovely Miss Melody*

Cookie

Post by Cookie » December 17th, 2011, 10:13 pm

Margo wrote:
Well played, Margo, well played.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » December 18th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Cookie wrote:
Margo wrote:
Well played, Margo, well played.
In order to write well, one must read well. ;)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Margo

Post by Margo » December 19th, 2011, 11:19 am

dios4vida wrote: In order to write well, one must read well. ;)
Niiice. *tips cap*

Claudie

Post by Claudie » December 19th, 2011, 11:51 am

Oh, you guys. Still as hilarious as ever. ^^

And Margo: SQUEEEE!! :D That is so awesome and I'm so glad the pen name is kicking so many asses all at once. ^^ Congrats!
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Margo

Post by Margo » December 30th, 2011, 1:52 pm

A cautionary tale about squeeing: Just had someone I know squee about incredible sales on a forum (of bitter people) that shall remain nameless. Sudden influx of negative reviews, all phrased with terminology generally used only by writers. It's sad when you've got something to share, something that others should see as encouraging, as proof that they can succeed too, but you have to hold back because someone will try to throw rocks.

Bitter people suck.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » December 30th, 2011, 2:09 pm

A cautionary tale about squeeing: Just had someone I know squee about incredible sales on a forum (of bitter people) that shall remain nameless. Sudden influx of negative reviews, all phrased with terminology generally used only by writers. It's sad when you've got something to share, something that others should see as encouraging, as proof that they can succeed too, but you have to hold back because someone will try to throw rocks.

Bitter people suck.
Writer's Forums can be supportive and sort of brutal at the same time.

Forums often start off feeling like a cozy campfire then they get so big that it feels weird being totally personal. I joined this forum almost two years ago and it had a better feel back then. Still pretty nice to drop in but the amount of heartfelt feedback and high-fives has definitely dropped off. All that said, this is still a nice place thanks to Somer and some core folks. Warm Vegas with some writers sounds good but taking five minutes to listen to music in the car in the Walgreens parking lot is all the vacation I get nowadays.

Lots to Squeee about around here including a new Boss born last Friday, and a very good chance at a T:V appearance in January to talk about my book. :)
My love of fly fishing and surfing connects me to rivers and the ocean. Time with water reminds me to pursue those silly little streams of thought that run rampant in my head.
http://www.withoutrain.com/

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » January 13th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Today I finished the second draft of my MS Marked, and sent if off to readers. GAHHHH SOOO HAPPY!!!

CV

Claudie

Post by Claudie » January 14th, 2012, 10:56 am

CharleeVale wrote:Today I finished the second draft of my MS Marked, and sent if off to readers. GAHHHH SOOO HAPPY!!!

CV
Yesssss! hurray Charlee. :D Congratz on the important step.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla