Feedback wanted on my new blog, Passive Income Author

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and promoting your book on the Internet
Skellie

Feedback wanted on my new blog, Passive Income Author

Post by Skellie » December 11th, 2011, 5:59 am

Hey guys - I have recently started Passive Income Author, a blog covering the business side of being a self-published author. I'm hoping to get some feedback on which topics need more coverage in the community, and what you think of my articles so far.

I've written: I'm also trying to organize a guest-post on David Gaughran's blog - will add a link here if I get the privilege to contribute :)

Thanks everyone!

Skellie
Passive Income Author - helping you earn a full-time income as a self-published author.

Ryan

Re: Feedback wanted on my new blog, Passive Income Author

Post by Ryan » December 11th, 2011, 11:15 am

Some great stuff there Skellie. Been wanting to set up a newsletter so I'll check out your suggestions.
My love of fly fishing and surfing connects me to rivers and the ocean. Time with water reminds me to pursue those silly little streams of thought that run rampant in my head.
http://www.withoutrain.com/

Skellie

Post by Skellie » December 12th, 2011, 6:08 am

Hey Ryan, thanks so much for taking the time to read, it's really encouraging. I'll be writing a more in-depth post on email newsletters soon, so I'll link to it here in case it's useful for you and others.

I'm reading John Locke's self publishing book and he puts a huge emphasis on his 'Guaranteed Buyers' email list, which is a really interesting concept. He believed that he had gathered 1,000 people on the list who would buy anything he released. Not a bad place to be at all! :).
Passive Income Author - helping you earn a full-time income as a self-published author.

Mira

Post by Mira » December 12th, 2011, 5:11 pm

Really interesting stuff here, Skellie - and very timely. I bet alot of folks who are looking to self-publish for an income would find a site like yours really valuable!

Skellie

Post by Skellie » December 14th, 2011, 7:03 am

Thanks for the kind words Mira! It always saddens me when people want to write full-time but can't do so because their books don't pay the bills. If my advice can help someone take the leap and make a living from writing, then all the work is worth it.

I've just added a new post on something I feel strongly about: The Importance of Having Your Work Torn Apart By Strangers

Rachel Ventura

Post by Rachel Ventura » January 13th, 2012, 10:54 pm

Skellie, do you think the articles on your site would apply to traditional publishing too?