Blog Post Parody Challenge

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Watcher55

Blog Post Parody Challenge

Post by Watcher55 » May 26th, 2011, 12:07 am

Passwords are certainly important, and I don’t want to talk you out of using them, but your passwords say a lot about you as a writer. Take mine for instance – Watcher55. I like to keep people guessing. I guess that’s why so many of my characters have some kind of identity crisis goin’ on. I mean who would think my password is staring them right in the face and that I can be the same guy twice. I use it for everything. My bank accounts. My credit card accounts. Even my identity theft protection. That says I like to keep things simple and I don’t like to have too many things to remember. That’s why I’m a writer. I can’t remember stuff so I write it all down.

How ‘bout some of you? What’s your password, and what do you use it for? What does your password say about you?

You don’t have to leave your response in the comment box; just email it to wut@ass.com

dios4vida

Re: Blog Post Parody Challenge

Post by dios4vida » May 26th, 2011, 11:04 am

My password is a conglomeration of my name, my husband's name, and our birthdays. It's actually my husband's password that I've snarfed, which he snarfed and adjusted from his parents. We use it for everything, also. I just can't remember things like that.

So I guess what that says about me is that I'm very family oriented (true - I adore my husband and would be lost without him), I forget things (a lot), and...I dunno what else. Whatcha think, Watcher?
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » May 26th, 2011, 11:11 am

dios4vida wrote:My password is a conglomeration of my name, my husband's name, and our birthdays. It's actually my husband's password that I've snarfed, which he snarfed and adjusted from his parents. We use it for everything, also. I just can't remember things like that.

So I guess what that says about me is that I'm very family oriented (true - I adore my husband and would be lost without him), I forget things (a lot), and...I dunno what else. Whatcha think, Watcher?
I think I don't have enough information to for a thorough analysis. What's your name? What's your husband's name? If I were going to throw each of you a surprise birthday party, what are the target dates? Oh, and how old are y'all?

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » May 26th, 2011, 1:10 pm

OK, so sue me, y’all. I was working late last night and silly stuff like this is a species of break for me, and I was thinking (key the smoke and the exhausted gerbil) that if anyone’s up for it, y’all can post blog parodies of your own. A few guidelines:
• If you parody a fellow forumite, think thrice – manners matter.
• If you parody yourself, be as ruthless as you like.
• Whether you parody Nathan or not is entirely up to you. I advise we wait for him to give the wink – manners matter.
• The rest is left to your discretion. Parody any kind of blog entry you want. It doesn’t even have to be about the craft or the biz, but this is Bransforum.
In the “What Would be Cool” department – if we can post equally tongue in cheek comments until someone comes up with a new parody.

I’d like to offer prizes but I’m poor, and as far as web-presence goes, all I have is a dark corner where I’m trying to figure out how to achieve obscurity.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » May 26th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Watcher55 wrote:
dios4vida wrote:My password is a conglomeration of my name, my husband's name, and our birthdays. It's actually my husband's password that I've snarfed, which he snarfed and adjusted from his parents. We use it for everything, also. I just can't remember things like that.

I think I don't have enough information to for a thorough analysis. What's your name? What's your husband's name? If I were going to throw each of you a surprise birthday party, what are the target dates? Oh, and how old are y'all?
Hahaha...My name's Brenda Joy. His is Brian. He's 32 - I'm 28. :)

That's all the information you'd need. Good luck figuring THAT one out!
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » May 27th, 2011, 1:13 am

But if you don't just tell me your password, I can't tell you how poor you're going to be what kind of writer you are.

Chantelle.S.

Post by Chantelle.S. » June 13th, 2011, 7:06 pm

My passwords are always character names that I fancy, so it would be anything from Joe to Julian to Gabriel, and different variations of those names. It depends on what the password is for, so for my email I have a higher more 'complex' version of the name to keep people from hacking into it. I tend to alternate my passwords on a three month cycle, just to play it safe.
"Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s." -Stephen King

http://smithee24.blogspot.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1570694/Clairavance

washingtonwriter1968

Post by washingtonwriter1968 » August 24th, 2011, 8:44 pm

My password is always changing nearly once a month. But is a funny comdo on my dogs and since I am changing it today i can share it with you SwapyPadiBone4
A funny combo of mt 4 favorite dogs I have owned as pets!
Washington Writer
Thx 4 your time
http://washington1968.livejournal.com/

Collectonian

Post by Collectonian » August 24th, 2011, 9:09 pm

Alas, I can't tell you my password for analysis, because it is so secure, even I don't know it! My little auto thingy just takes care of all that for me. If it ever goes Skynet on me, I'm up a creek... :-D

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » August 24th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Collectonian wrote:Alas, I can't tell you my password for analysis, because it is so secure, even I don't know it! My little auto thingy just takes care of all that for me. If it ever goes Skynet on me, I'm up a creek... :-D
You know Sarah and John are coming to your house now, don't you?

Rachel Ventura

Post by Rachel Ventura » October 14th, 2011, 1:03 am

I'm confused as to what "Blog Post Parody Challenge" means. I don't have a blog myself, but I do love parodies, although I'm not exactly sure of how to parody someone's blog post (and what's the significance of that weird email address?)...

About passwords, though -- well, I won't tell you mine, but I will open up about some of those security questions you have to enter when signing up for things like forums, email accounts, the draft (oops):

What was the name of your first car?
Hot Wheels

What was your mother's maiden name?
Iron

Name of first pet:
Socks and Buddy (this is going WAY back).

On what street did you live while growing up?
I didn't live on the streets

Who is your favorite singer?
The one who invented the sewing machine.

Name of oldest child:
Julia (the oldest I could think of!)

Who is your favorite author?
Yours truly!

I also love the ones that allow you to "write your own question." These are some of mine (obviously no longer in existence):

What was Oscar Wilde's famous pen name?
Reading Gaol (pen = penitentiary).

What does a yellow light mean?
Disengage the accelerator ("Slow down!") :lol:

Who's that behind those Foster Grants?
A scholarship fund for social-services kids. ;)

Are you stupid or something?
Something is as something does, sir.

What's in your wallet?
Two dollars! :lol: :lol: :lol: