Silly things we think about

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Chantelle.S.

Re: Silly things we think about

Post by Chantelle.S. » July 20th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Why is it that I completely lose interest in a book where the Lord's name is taken in vain for no good reason, yet most of my own writing revolves around demons and devils trying to either break down heaven or find a place on earth? :?
"Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s." -Stephen King

http://smithee24.blogspot.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1570694/Clairavance

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » July 21st, 2011, 11:27 am

Chantelle.S. wrote:Why is it that I completely lose interest in a book where the Lord's name is taken in vain for no good reason, yet most of my own writing revolves around demons and devils trying to either break down heaven or find a place on earth? :?
Cause your demonic forces can batter down the Pearly Gates or make themselves at home on Earth and they still haven't broken a commandment. :)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

JohnDurvin

Post by JohnDurvin » August 12th, 2011, 11:49 am

Thanks to the birth of the processed food industry in the 1950's, for the first time in history, it's easier to be fat than thin. Everybody wants to be with successful people, and for most of our history, the most successful people were the ones with extra money for food, and so were more likely to be fat. Now fattening stuff is everywhere and only the rich can afford healthy food and personal trainers and gym memberships, so they're all skinny.
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » August 12th, 2011, 1:28 pm

JohnDurvin wrote:Thanks to the birth of the processed food industry in the 1950's, for the first time in history, it's easier to be fat than thin. Everybody wants to be with successful people, and for most of our history, the most successful people were the ones with extra money for food, and so were more likely to be fat. Now fattening stuff is everywhere and only the rich can afford healthy food and personal trainers and gym memberships, so they're all skinny.
This sounds like a cruel joke from some malicious genie in a magic lamp. "I wish we could all be fat and successful!"

<sly wink> As you wish...

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » August 12th, 2011, 2:56 pm

dios4vida wrote:
JohnDurvin wrote:Thanks to the birth of the processed food industry in the 1950's, for the first time in history, it's easier to be fat than thin. Everybody wants to be with successful people, and for most of our history, the most successful people were the ones with extra money for food, and so were more likely to be fat. Now fattening stuff is everywhere and only the rich can afford healthy food and personal trainers and gym memberships, so they're all skinny.
This sounds like a cruel joke from some malicious genie in a magic lamp. "I wish we could all be fat and successful!"

<sly wink> As you wish...
Be careful of what you bitch wish for?

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » August 14th, 2011, 2:21 pm

I'm not sure surprise has any one color, except in France where apparently surprise is "shocking blue."

Claudie

Post by Claudie » August 14th, 2011, 3:37 pm

Watcher55 wrote:I'm not sure surprise has any one color, except in France where apparently surprise is "shocking blue."
Unless there's a French-from-France expression I don't know, I think that's more fear.

Also, what do you do when someone tells you "colour me surprised" ? With what colour?
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » August 14th, 2011, 4:50 pm

Claudie wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:I'm not sure surprise has any one color, except in France where apparently surprise is "shocking blue."
Unless there's a French-from-France expression I don't know, I think that's more fear.

Also, what do you do when someone tells you "colour me surprised" ? With what colour?
Certainly not shocking blue - that would just be scarey - maybe purple with flecks of gold.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » August 14th, 2011, 5:36 pm

Watcher55 wrote:
Claudie wrote:

Certainly not shocking blue - that would just be scarey - maybe purple with flecks of gold.
Purple with flecks of gold. I can see that! *puts approval seal*
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

AnimaDictio

Post by AnimaDictio » August 16th, 2011, 12:37 pm

First time to the thread. Hilarious! I just want to say that Ray Bradbury wrote the vacation-in-time short story and I loved it as a kid.

My thought today: Could I be happy in a polyandrous marriage? (One Wife, Two or More Husbands) I'm a man, by the way.

Mike R

Post by Mike R » August 16th, 2011, 8:19 pm

I could as long as they follow one simple rule; Mike is in charge.

Oh, and they have make a decent living; no McHusbands.

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » August 17th, 2011, 1:05 am

Just wondering if anyone has actually ever found out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » August 17th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Beethovenfan wrote:Just wondering if anyone has actually ever found out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
A friend of mine says 243. Her husband is a Junior High Pastor and apparently they did it in youth group one night. Whether the lick count is actually accurate, though, I'm not sure.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » August 17th, 2011, 2:58 pm

AnimaDictio wrote:My thought today: Could I be happy in a polyandrous marriage? (One Wife, Two or More Husbands) I'm a man, by the way.
<shudder> You guys are hard enough to train on your own. Too many men around breeds bad habits. I'm just now getting my husband to close the cabinet doors and turn off the lights when he leaves a room. I'd hate to think how many things would go wrong with more than one husband.

Chantelle.S.

Post by Chantelle.S. » August 19th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Monsters and Aliens.
Now Cowboys and Aliens.
What's going to be next? Vampires and Aliens? :?
"Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s." -Stephen King

http://smithee24.blogspot.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1570694/Clairavance