Book Clubs

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
danielle100

Book Clubs

Post by danielle100 » August 15th, 2011, 7:25 pm

I blogged today about book clubs and was just wondering if any of you are in one. If so, what book are you reading and what type of book club are you in (public library, Internet, etc.)?

I started a club at work. I am a teacher and discovered there are more people who like to read than I realized. We are starting with THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.

Just curious! Would love to hear your responses here or at http://danielledspears.blogspot.com on this week's post.

Ciao!

Aimée

Re: Book Clubs

Post by Aimée » August 15th, 2011, 9:01 pm

This post has wonderful timing. I just started a book club on my blog! This month, for the first book, I am reading All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy.

I guess this isn't really so much of a book club as me reading a book and posting about it on my blog, but I would love it to be sort of a monthly blogfest type of thing where people post about the book on the same day, or at least have everyone who read the book that month discuss it in this comments section.

Here's the link to the introductory post on my blog if anyone is interested... http://aimeebeatricejodoin.blogspot.com ... -2011.html

danielle100

Post by danielle100 » August 15th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Hooray for book clubs! Following your blog and look forward to hearing about your books. I think everyone needs to be in book clubs! Goodreads.com is a great place to write about your books, if you're not already on it.

Will be checking in!

F.E. Sewell

Post by F.E. Sewell » August 18th, 2011, 5:29 pm

I've been dying to join a book club but there never seems to be enough time. I hate it when I read a book and don't have anyone to analyze it with, though. That's half the fun!

Maybe I'll finally "find the time" and start my own. :)

danielle100

Post by danielle100 » August 18th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Yes, I couldn't have done it a couple years ago when I first had my son. But now that things are starting to slow down and we've decided to read a book a month, it seems like a good pace for us.

I am really excited to get started; hopefully, you can start one too. You're welcome to read along with us :)

F.E. Sewell

Post by F.E. Sewell » August 19th, 2011, 12:41 pm

That sounds like fun! I've already read THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO but I still might follow along and join in the discussion. :D