Which Celebrity Would You Eat?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
JohnDurvin

Which Celebrity Would You Eat?

Post by JohnDurvin » June 20th, 2011, 3:40 pm

So let's say there's a restaurant where they clone parts of celebrities and historical figures for food. No celebs are harmed and it's just the parts you're going to eat, so let's just ignore any socio-ethical religious issues (or at least argue them under a different topic, since this is brainstorming/research for a novel). Who would you eat? Would you think about it more to gain their strengths and powers, or just who would be delicious? I've asked a few people in real life and facebook; one said Angelina Jolie's legs, and one said Abraham Lincoln's heart.
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).

Mira

Re: Which Celebrity Would You Eat?

Post by Mira » June 24th, 2011, 3:55 pm

John, this is an interesting question - like what parts of celebrities would I like to own myself, but I just can't get past the eating thing.

Sorry! Oddly enough, I've heard human flesh is delicious. I don't remember where I heard that from, and now I'm rather nervous that I know that, but I did hear it from somewhere. Maybe that's why it's so taboo to eat human flesh, because if everyone knew how yummy it was, we'd have a......disconcerting social problem on our hands. Or in our hands. Or in our mouths.

Okay, stopping now.

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » June 24th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Well, that would be great for my Nephilim. They wouldn't have to farm then, but I'm sure (ah, yes) they would have a bit of an aftertaste. Like a chemically nastiness.

Hm...the question is, of course, how far back can you go? With DNA, could you clone famous dead people that DNA had been recovered on? And if people were still alive, couldn't they sue you for that?

Barring that...are they alive when you serve them? :twisted:
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 24th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Yes, how far does this cloning go back? Also, would I get their superpowers/strengths, because that would affect my decision.

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » June 27th, 2011, 3:56 am

I'm assuming that, like the Native American who eats the heart of a buffalo he has killed to receive its strength, I would likewise get the characteristic of the celebrity that appeals to me, so I'll play. I would eat Albert Einstein's and Stephen Hawking's brains, Amelia Earhart's heart, and YoYo Ma's hands. There. I said it. Don't judge me too harshly.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 28th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Hmm, interesting people, Beethovenfan.

I think I would eat Stephen Hawking's and Leonardo Da Vinci's brains, Beethovan's hands, Alexander the Great's heart (assuming we could go back that far) and Mozart's ears.

Rosie Lane

Post by Rosie Lane » July 6th, 2011, 7:17 pm

I wonder if people would be affected by pollutants and poor diet, much the same way that wood pigeons are supposed to be delicious, but nobody touches urban feral pigeons (which surely would have solved some pest control problems back in my public health inspectoring days).

I think I would prefer a clean living health nut who drinks from a mountain spring and eats just enough chocolate. Definitely no politicians. I anticipate those being a bit gamey. And my scientist boss's brain, since I want to be that smart and it's hard work learning what he knows the traditional way.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » July 6th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Flipper

mariajhones81

Post by mariajhones81 » December 7th, 2011, 6:36 am

I'd like to have Nicolas Cage's soup and deep fry Michael Douglas. ;p

Rachel Ventura

Post by Rachel Ventura » January 13th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Groucho the Great wrote:Waiter, waiter, there's a chick in my soup.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's a few things this Q reminded me of:
  • I wonder if anyone appreciates the irony in eating Anthony Hopkins. :twisted: Or Soylent Heston.
  • Ben & Jerry's already made ice cream out of Alec Baldwin's Schweddy Balls. :roll: You might want to call them up about possible patent infringement.
  • Drew Barrymore once said that she wants to be cremated when she dies so that her ashes can be sprinkled in her cat's food. :?
It might be possible to go the Wizard of Oz route here. A brain and a heart would be easy to procure; courage is different, unless you think in metaphorical terms and go after someone's, well, anatomy. :twisted: I already mentioned Alec Baldwin but IMHO he's more (ahem) cocky than he's got balls. ;) You'd have to stay within the Dems, though; George Bush doesn't have a brain, and despite about 5,000 bypass surgeries since the '70s or thereabouts, I don't think Dick Cheney has a heart.

He might have a "first name," though. But then again... you are what you eat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

dkas2929

Post by dkas2929 » January 30th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Mira,
Considering what we humans put in our bodies I don't know how
tasty we would be. But my vote goes for Catherine Bells chest.