Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
trixie

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by trixie » June 17th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Claudie wrote: I call for a Board Games and Alcohol Night
YES!! I'm envisioning sweat pants, bags of munchies, and booze. Where do I sign up?

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 17th, 2011, 3:17 pm

trixie wrote:
Claudie wrote: I call for a Board Games and Alcohol Night
YES!! I'm envisioning sweat pants, bags of munchies, and booze. Where do I sign up?
Sounds like my kind of night!

Also, POKEMON!! (maybe)

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 17th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Cookie wrote:Also, POKEMON!! (maybe)
My love for you keeps growing.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » June 17th, 2011, 3:22 pm

I'll stick to my hood. I'm not so good at planning, but I'm intrigued enough to pay attention - so if you need anything....

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 17th, 2011, 3:26 pm

dios4vida wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:So, ok. I will hand out orange planning hats to all the committee members. They are guarenteed to give everyone who wears them charisma +2.
What about me? I want an Instigator's hat - +1 to everything?? Pretty please? It'll go great with my Duck of Doom (you should know better than to pick up a duck in a dungeon!)
Duck of Doom.jpg
(Great big kudos to whomever gets the reference!)

Yay Steve Jackson Games! It's like roleplaying for kids with ADHD.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 17th, 2011, 3:33 pm

Claudie wrote:
Aww. *blushes*. I haven't played Pokemon in years, but I used to be pretty bad ass at it. Maybe I'll have to go pick up a set of cards just for this trip.

EDIT: Maybe my brother still has his deck...hmm...

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » June 17th, 2011, 4:06 pm

Watcher55 wrote:I'll stick to my hood. I'm not so good at planning, but I'm intrigued enough to pay attention - so if you need anything....
Does that mean you'll come, Watcher??
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » June 17th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Cookie linked me here. I can't leave my area but it sounds like fun. I don't think I'd add much though. In person I'm that girl that sits there and listens to everything and nods and looks, but doesn't say anything. :D
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 17th, 2011, 4:16 pm

Cookie wrote:
Claudie wrote:
Aww. *blushes*. I haven't played Pokemon in years, but I used to be pretty bad ass at it. Maybe I'll have to go pick up a set of cards just for this trip.

EDIT: Maybe my brother still has his deck...hmm...
Oh my gosh, I was thinking the actual games, but the cards would rock, too! Sadly I think I misplaced my 6 badass decks at some point in the whole growing-up affair.
Cookie linked me here. I can't leave my area but it sounds like fun. I don't think I'd add much though. In person I'm that girl that sits there and listens to everything and nods and looks, but doesn't say anything. :D
I'm that girl too, unless you give me alcohol or I feel like I know the others well. Thus, I don't expect to be that girl very long in Vegas.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » June 17th, 2011, 4:18 pm

Oh! And if you go to Vegas and are not familiar with that area of the United States.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER.

I know a few people who went to that area and they dehydrated fast because the air is totally different. They didn't take it seriously, the fact that there is bottles everywhere, and they got sick fast. You have to constantly be drinking almost. Be careful.
I'm on Tumblr!

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 17th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Claudie wrote:Oh my gosh, I was thinking the actual games, but the cards would rock, too! Sadly I think I misplaced my 6 badass decks at some point in the whole growing-up affair.
The games too! I used to steal my brother's Nintendo and play the games all the time. I misplaced my cards too :(
I can't leave my area but it sounds like fun.
We did briefly mention setting up Skype for those who couldn't make it. Maybe we'll have to add that to our planning committee.

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » June 17th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Cookie wrote:
We did briefly mention setting up Skype for those who couldn't make it. Maybe we'll have to add that to our planning committee.
I do have a webcam. But don't be suprised if you catch me putting a doll in front of it and hearing a disembodied voice from the kitchen nook.
I'm on Tumblr!

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » June 17th, 2011, 4:39 pm

sierramcconnell wrote:Oh! And if you go to Vegas and are not familiar with that area of the United States.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER.

I know a few people who went to that area and they dehydrated fast because the air is totally different. They didn't take it seriously, the fact that there is bottles everywhere, and they got sick fast. You have to constantly be drinking almost. Be careful.
Good advice! Lots of people don't realize just how dry it is down here in the desert. Right now the humidity in Tucson (about 400 miles south of Las Vegas) is 8%. Vegas will be similar, maybe even a little drier. We had to buy a humidifier because the past few months we've been averaging around 4-5% humidity and it was so dry in our house it trashed my sinuses.

So yes! Bring bottles - the big Nalgene bottles that hold 32 oz are the best. Expect to drink 2, 3, or even 4 of those for you in humid climes. And bring sunscreen! It doesn't matter if it's March and/or cloudy. You WILL get sunburned if you're out.

Rule #1 out here is respect the desert. It's brutal. I'm a native and I still have to be careful.
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 17th, 2011, 4:42 pm

sierramcconnell wrote:
Cookie wrote:
I do have a webcam. But don't be suprised if you catch me putting a doll in front of it and hearing a disembodied voice from the kitchen nook.
Lol. That would be really funny.
We had to buy a humidifier because the past few months we've been averaging around 4-5% humidity and it was so dry in our house it trashed my sinuses.
Holy humidity batman! I have a Sigg bottle that I love. It goes everywhere with me. Also, the cats can't get into it. Take that, sneaky water stealing kitties!

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » June 17th, 2011, 4:44 pm

dios4vida wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:I'll stick to my hood. I'm not so good at planning, but I'm intrigued enough to pay attention - so if you need anything....
Does that mean you'll come, Watcher??
I'm not saying I'm not coming. I live mostly by barter these days, so pulling this off would be interesting.