You know you spend too much time on the Bransforums when...

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Sommer Leigh

Re: You know you spend too much time on the Bransforums when...

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 16th, 2011, 7:33 pm

When we did something like this would depend entirely on who was honestly interested. Perhaps a thread dedicated to this topic specifically so that anyone who isn't currently mashing the refresh button on this thread could get in on it too. A survey of interested parties would need to be done on "when" and put the "where" to a vote. If there are a lot of college students interested, we'd have to figure out a when that people can get away from classes. Summer is probably too soon for most people needing to save up a little money, fall might be ok if it we can figure out a time that works with classes, winter is too hard money wise, but spring, could also be a good time to plan although it is a ways away. So it would depend entirely on who is honestly interested, I think.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 16th, 2011, 7:36 pm

hektorkarl wrote:
Cookie wrote:
You gotta admit, we got a pretty good case going. Although, yours was good too. You were just outnumbered.
I refuse to acknowledge anything that might possibly be less than what I was expecting.
Touche.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 16th, 2011, 7:42 pm

cookie: Come to Quebec City instead. It is MUCH better. ;) (No, Montreal is cool, too. I go there every weekend because my boyfriend lives there).

On WHEN: Despite being really really interested in this, I have to admit that if we do this during the incoming fall, I can't make it. All my savings are aimed at Atlanta and NaNoWriMo. So. Perhaps spring instead? Either the first of March, or May, would work wonders for me.

That said, I second the second thread idea. :D
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 16th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Claudie wrote:cookie: Come to Quebec City instead. It is MUCH better. ;) (No, Montreal is cool, too. I go there every weekend because my boyfriend lives there).
I'll put that on my list too! ;)

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » June 16th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Claudie wrote:cookie: Come to Quebec City instead. It is MUCH better. ;) (No, Montreal is cool, too. I go there every weekend because my boyfriend lives there).

On WHEN: Despite being really really interested in this, I have to admit that if we do this during the incoming fall, I can't make it. All my savings are aimed at Atlanta and NaNoWriMo. So. Perhaps spring instead? Either the first of March, or May, would work wonders for me.

That said, I second the second thread idea. :D
Well there ya' go. How 'bout Atlanta before/during/after NaNoWriMo?

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 16th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Watcher55 wrote:Well there ya' go. How 'bout Atlanta before/during/after NaNoWriMo?
We can crash Claudie's Wrimo meeting! jk

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » June 16th, 2011, 7:58 pm

Cookie wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:Well there ya' go. How 'bout Atlanta before/during/after NaNoWriMo?
We could totally take them in beer pong.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 16th, 2011, 7:59 pm

hektorkarl wrote:
Cookie wrote:
We could totally take them in beer pong.
I honestly think they would be happy. The more, the merrier. :D
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 16th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Claudie wrote:

Well, then. Also, Nov. 9th is my birthday. So feel free to get completely smashed for me.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 16th, 2011, 8:11 pm

Cookie wrote:
Claudie wrote:

Well, then. Also, Nov. 9th is my birthday. So feel free to get completely smashed for me.
Will do. :D

Also: You know you spend too much time on the Bransforums when... you derail an entire thread to organise a meeting with your fellow bransforumers (who started this anyway? Brenda?)

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » June 16th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Claudie wrote:Also: You know you spend too much time on the Bransforums when... you derail an entire thread to organise a meeting with your fellow bransforumers (who started this anyway? Brenda?)
I started the original thread, but I think it was trixie who started the meeting-talk.
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Margo

Post by Margo » June 16th, 2011, 8:25 pm

I would probably have a hard time doing anything this year. I like the idea of next spring because it gives people time to save money. Might be able to hit the spring break time for colleges someplace where there are no big spring break outings to drive up the prices.

Hektor, can you do someplace other than Atlanta with time to prepare, or is the vicinity pretty much a lock for you?
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Margo

Post by Margo » June 16th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Vegas is getting a big push in twitter talk.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 16th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Vegas in the Spring works for me.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » June 16th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Vegas in spring works for me, too. Though I think other options would work well, too.

Can I bring my husband?
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson