You know you spend too much time on the Bransforums when...

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Margo

Re: You know you spend too much time on the Bransforums when...

Post by Margo » June 16th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Cookie wrote:The question is, how long is our writing conference/get-together/drink fest going to be?
If people wanted to do Vegas, I suggest no more than 4-5 days. A week in Vegas adds 10 years to your age.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 16th, 2011, 7:12 pm

Margo wrote:
Cookie wrote:Plus the entertainment! I mean, the availability of of places where we can discuss writing.
And the barely clothed men who could be serving us drinks while we discuss writing! jk
We clearly have had similar Vegas experiences. :-)

I know a sushi place that serves baked sushi that is the most amazing thing in the whole wide world.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 16th, 2011, 7:12 pm

OK. OK.

I have a valid passport. I am a fan of traveling to meet internet friends. I WANT TO DO THIS. And I don't expect y'all to come to Quebec City (although, come on, you know you all want to visit my awesome French place. *pretty eyes*)

I should say, right away, that I am heading to Atlanta to meet Wrimos on Nov. 9th to 12th. SO. If any of you are going there, and want to share a coffee or something, you must PM me.

With this said, I'll try to save loads of money for another trip in the US. Which, when you think that I am a student, says a lot. But if I miss an event like this, I will forever be angry at myself. I don't like being angry at myself.

All this to say, I'm IN and since I HAVE TO fly anyway, your destination is mine.

EDIT: Oh my gosh, this thread is moving so fast. CRAZY.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Margo

Post by Margo » June 16th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:Or some place where the most people live, although that would require a real survey of interested parties.
Yep. Like I said, I'm in CA but I'm willing to travel. Is there someone who is interested who would have a lot of travel expense problems, and what area are you in?
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 16th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:
Bigger cities will also mean bigger cost in most instances. Maybe we should look at something mid-range fun and cost. Or some place where the most people live, although that would require a real survey of interested parties.

Very good point. I liked Springfield, IL when I went there. A much smaller city, but still interesting. Also, fairly centrally located.

Margo

Post by Margo » June 16th, 2011, 7:14 pm

I gotta go offline for a little bit. back later.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 16th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Margo wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:Or some place where the most people live, although that would require a real survey of interested parties.
Yep. Like I said, I'm in CA but I'm willing to travel. Is there someone who is interested who would have a lot of travel expense problems, and what area are you in?
No one is coming to Omaha (which is currently flooding so, that's cool :-) ) so I'm willing to travel.

Slumber party in my room!

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 16th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Claudie wrote:OK. OK.

I have a valid passport. I am a fan of traveling to meet internet friends. I WANT TO DO THIS. And I don't expect y'all to come to Quebec City (although, come on, you know you all want to visit my awesome French place. *pretty eyes*)
I have been wanting to go to Montreal for, like, ever. I'm only 4 hours away, which is the same distance to NYC. Just saying.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » June 16th, 2011, 7:17 pm

I can't say anything about Chicago or Atlanta cause I've never been there. But I have been to Vegas and I love it. I was even underaged so I couldn't drink or gamble and it was still amazing. The shopping mall in Caesar's Palace is utterly TO DIE FOR. Huge, tons of places, air conditioned, and the most amazing ceiling mural in the history of American ceiling murals. And I second the buffets, entertainment, and availability of places to meet. Room prices are super reasonable, even for cool places like The Luxor (my Mum's an archaeology buff so we always stayed there).

If many of those interested are around the western part of the US that would be my vote. Then again, I think Vegas is a great idea all around. Personally, it'd be easier for me to get there than Chicago or Atlanta. But that's just me and I'm not even sure I'd be able to make it, despite how much I want to.
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » June 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Claudie wrote:OK. OK.

I should say, right away, that I am heading to Atlanta to meet Wrimos on Nov. 9th to 12th. SO. If any of you are going there, and want to share a coffee or something, you must PM me.
I tried to build Atlanta momentum, but it got derailed by Las Vegas strippers.

There are plenty of shirtless people in Atlanta! (Yeah, it's because it's 95 and humid, but still... that should count for half credit at least.)

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 16th, 2011, 7:21 pm

hektorkarl wrote:I tried to build Atlanta momentum, but it got derailed by Las Vegas strippers.

There are plenty of shirtless people in Atlanta! (Yeah, it's because it's 95 and humid, but still... that should count for half credit at least.)
I thought it was a noble effort.

Vegas has gondola rides though and the Sega arcade and pirates. Add that to strippers and I dunno, you're probably going to have to agree to follow us as we go see pirates and strippers. Maybe pirate strippers.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » June 16th, 2011, 7:22 pm

So question: WHEN are y'all thinking of this? Since we're all saying summer's more expensive, etc. are you thinking like Sept-Oct? The weather down here around that time is still pretty warm by you northerners' standards (85-90) but it's much better than 110. Or even later? What's the time frame cause I need to start calculating how much money I'll need to beg my husband for and how long I'll have to do that.
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 16th, 2011, 7:25 pm

hektorkarl wrote:I tried to build Atlanta momentum, but it got derailed by Las Vegas strippers.
You gotta admit, we got a pretty good case going. Although, yours was good too. You were just outnumbered.
So question: WHEN are y'all thinking of this?
I second this question.

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » June 16th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote: Vegas has gondola rides though and the Sega arcade and pirates. Add that to strippers and I dunno, you're probably going to have to agree to follow us as we go see pirates and strippers. Maybe pirate strippers.
I came here for enlightenment, and all I get is filth! :roll:

Though Atlanta has had its own strip club scandal (Google Gold Club Scandal).

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » June 16th, 2011, 7:32 pm

Cookie wrote:
You gotta admit, we got a pretty good case going. Although, yours was good too. You were just outnumbered.
I refuse to acknowledge anything that might possibly be less than what I was expecting.