Is Blogger Broken?

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and promoting your book on the Internet
Sommer Leigh

Re: Is Blogger Broken?

Post by Sommer Leigh » May 31st, 2011, 11:08 am

Argh! Blogger is bringing out my psychotic side, and I don't even use Blogger! I can't post comments on anyone's blog that doesn't allow me to use the Name/URL or Anonymous option. And I have comments! To post!

The Blogger Status feed has no mention of the problems everyone is having and what is being done.

Is everyone else still having trouble? I've tried clearing my cache and using different browers and all that does is allow me to be frustrated in 3 different windows.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » May 31st, 2011, 12:15 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote: Is everyone else still having trouble? I've tried clearing my cache and using different browers and all that does is allow me to be frustrated in 3 different windows.
It's working okay for me. I can't say I've done anything special to earn this, though. So I don't have any suggestions for how to fix it.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » May 31st, 2011, 12:33 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:Argh! Blogger is bringing out my psychotic side, and I don't even use Blogger! I can't post comments on anyone's blog that doesn't allow me to use the Name/URL or Anonymous option. And I have comments! To post!

The Blogger Status feed has no mention of the problems everyone is having and what is being done.

Is everyone else still having trouble? I've tried clearing my cache and using different browers and all that does is allow me to be frustrated in 3 different windows.
I don't know, maybe the symptoms are different for those of us who do use Blogger, but I can't log into my own page, but I can log into the dashboard, so... ::shrug::

I have been irritated that I have to make sure certain work arounds are in place (uncheck the stay logged in box...) before I submit a comment. If they're not in place, I'm "anonymous".

I wonder if I should blog about Blogger's issues?

Margo

Post by Margo » May 31st, 2011, 12:39 pm

hektorkarl wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:<subliminal> Come to wordpress....wordpress is stable....wordpress is better....come to wordpress....</subliminal>
Sometimes I feel like Blogger is sending the same message.
Ditto.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Claudie

Post by Claudie » May 31st, 2011, 9:56 pm

Watcher55 wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:Argh! Blogger is bringing out my psychotic side, and I don't even use Blogger! I can't post comments on anyone's blog that doesn't allow me to use the Name/URL or Anonymous option. And I have comments! To post!

I don't know, maybe the symptoms are different for those of us who do use Blogger, but I can't log into my own page, but I can log into the dashboard, so... ::shrug::

I have been irritated that I have to make sure certain work arounds are in place (uncheck the stay logged in box...) before I submit a comment. If they're not in place, I'm "anonymous".

This is exactly what happens to me, but only when I'm not on my computer. At home with my laptop? No problem. Perhaps it's because I'm always logged in.

And Ditto on the wordpress call. Between Wicked & Tricksy and my own, previous experience with Wordpress, I am seriously considering a move.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » May 31st, 2011, 10:02 pm

Claudie wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:

This is exactly what happens to me, but only when I'm not on my computer. At home with my laptop? No problem. Perhaps it's because I'm always logged in.

And Ditto on the wordpress call. Between Wicked & Tricksy and my own, previous experience with Wordpress, I am seriously considering a move.
Sommer Leigh, the Moses of the Blogger Exodus. ;)

J. T. SHEA

Post by J. T. SHEA » June 1st, 2011, 7:03 pm

Sommer, send boils and locusts and smite Blogger's first born sons as soon as possible! I bet they'll notice THAT in their feed! And then part the Mississippi. And remember Mel Brooks. FIFTEEN commandments on THREE tablets, not just ten on two.

BTW, am I alone in finding Nathan's blog incredibly slow and glitchy downloading in recent weeks? Just the blog, not these Bransforums. Sometimes I have to give up.

trixie

Post by trixie » June 1st, 2011, 7:33 pm

Haven't noticed anything w/Nathan's blogs.

Also (don't throw tomatoes) I haven't had trouble w/commenting or logging in or just existing on Blogger.

Until today. :( Now my super cool image of Alan Rickman's letter to J. K. Rowling won't show up and while people can find it elsewhere, that defeats the point!

Oh, Wordpress. You're looking better by the day...

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » June 1st, 2011, 7:49 pm

trixie wrote:Haven't noticed anything w/Nathan's blogs.

Also (don't throw tomatoes) I haven't had trouble w/commenting or logging in or just existing on Blogger.

Until today. :( Now my super cool image of Alan Rickman's letter to J. K. Rowling won't show up and while people can find it elsewhere, that defeats the point!

Oh, Wordpress. You're looking better by the day...
Cool letter btw

trixie

Post by trixie » June 2nd, 2011, 3:27 pm

Watcher, could you see the image of the letter on my blog? I keep refreshing it, wondering why I can't see it. :(

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » June 2nd, 2011, 4:04 pm

trixie wrote:Watcher, could you see the image of the letter on my blog? I keep refreshing it, wondering why I can't see it. :(
No, I actually had to follow the links to find it. Did you link to the picture or did you "save as" then upload from one of those photo hosting sights (is that a thing?)? 'Cause I've never been able to post a pic directly from a website. ::shrug::

knight_tour

Post by knight_tour » June 3rd, 2011, 4:28 am

I can log in now as long as I just don't check the box to remain logged in. However, now most avatar icons are not showing up. This just started happening yesterday.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 3rd, 2011, 8:48 am

Haha I swear the Blogger problems are not my super secret villanous way to lure bloggers to Wordpress. I definately don't have a legion of gnomes scrambling through the blogosphere unplugging blogger blogs or cutting comment wires.

I have discovered a few things - the problems seem to be only when I am accessing through Internet Explorer. Firefox does not seem have these problems and I've heard Google Chrome is working fine too.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » June 3rd, 2011, 9:35 am

Sommer Leigh wrote:Haha I swear the Blogger problems are not my super secret villanous way to lure bloggers to Wordpress. I definately don't have a legion of gnomes scrambling through the blogosphere unplugging blogger blogs or cutting comment wires.

I have discovered a few things - the problems seem to be only when I am accessing through Internet Explorer. Firefox does not seem have these problems and I've heard Google Chrome is working fine too.
Just what a super secret villian would say....

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » June 3rd, 2011, 11:03 am

Sommer Leigh wrote: I have discovered a few things - the problems seem to be only when I am accessing through Internet Explorer. Firefox does not seem have these problems and I've heard Google Chrome is working fine too.
I've been using Firefox with only minor issues, so that's another data point in favor of this theory.