Is Blogger Broken?

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and promoting your book on the Internet
Watcher55

Is Blogger Broken?

Post by Watcher55 » May 27th, 2011, 11:04 am

The "follower" gadget is gone, and I can't even properly sign in to my own page let alone anyone else's. Was there a memo?

Moni12

Re: Is Blogger Broken?

Post by Moni12 » May 27th, 2011, 11:33 am

Same here. I can't publish a post unless a go into my list of posts and I can't edit previous posts. Also, a couple of times it completely ignored my double spaces between paragraphs (that seems to be resolved). My sister has also had trouble logging in even though she's had the right password.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » May 27th, 2011, 11:51 am

I suspect corporate espionage on the part of Yahoo, but whatever the problem the timing is bad because I'm trying to improve my blog and it's a bit frustrating.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » May 27th, 2011, 1:17 pm

It's just Google Friend Connect that is broken (the follower widget)

It'll come back eventually. Google Friend Connect is buggy and dies from time to time. Don't do anything to it or worry about it. Once they get it fixed it will come back.

Google Friend Connect is not directly a part of Blogger - Blogger and Google Friend Connect are both just owned by Google. So if Google Friend Connect is down, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your Blogger blog.

Although in this case if Blogger and Google Friend Connect are acting wonky, maybe Google is doing an update to all their toys, or they are suffering problems across the board.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

oldhousejunkie

Post by oldhousejunkie » May 27th, 2011, 3:32 pm

There are some bugs right now for some reason. I was unable to post comments on my blog (but I could on other blogs). It listed me as an 'anonymous' when I previewed the comment, I would go to post, and then it would just take me back to the sign in page. Apparently it's happening all over the place, but I read about a fix, and fortunately it worked.

I hope they get these things worked out soon.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » May 27th, 2011, 4:14 pm

oldhousejunkie wrote:There are some bugs right now for some reason. I was unable to post comments on my blog (but I could on other blogs). It listed me as an 'anonymous' when I previewed the comment, I would go to post, and then it would just take me back to the sign in page. Apparently it's happening all over the place, but I read about a fix, and fortunately it worked.

I hope they get these things worked out soon.
It's done that to me on several occasions. I've gotten to where I'll copy a comment before I try to submit in case it takes me out of the page completely.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » May 27th, 2011, 4:20 pm

<subliminal> Come to wordpress....wordpress is stable....wordpress is better....come to wordpress....</subliminal>

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » May 27th, 2011, 4:21 pm

Lots of people have been having Blogger trouble this week. I don't think there's much that can be done about it (except hope for improved stability).

And I try to remember to do the same, Watcher.

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » May 27th, 2011, 4:22 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:<subliminal> Come to wordpress....wordpress is stable....wordpress is better....come to wordpress....</subliminal>
Sometimes I feel like Blogger is sending the same message.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » May 30th, 2011, 9:35 am

The followers gadget is fixed but there are still issues with logging in and posting comments. I found that if I make a comment and check the "stay signed in box" it wants to post your comment as anonymous.

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » May 30th, 2011, 11:37 am

I installed the follower's gadget, and then had it not work for the next day or two. I've yet to have trouble posting comments, though. So I guess I'm somewhat lucky. :)

J. T. SHEA

Post by J. T. SHEA » May 30th, 2011, 4:57 pm

Bloggers of the world, ignite!

But, if you were really clever, you wouldn't have a blog at all. Instead, you'd write nearly a thousand comments and posts on SOMEONE ELSE'S blog and Forums!

So I'm okay until Nathan suddenly decides to pack in all this social networking malarkey and take up golf instead...

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » May 30th, 2011, 6:11 pm

But if you have your own blog, you get to be the coolest, wittiest, most attractive person on the block.

Here there's a lot of competition.

In my kingdom, it's just me and the dog. Her typing skills are terrible, so I totally dominate.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » May 30th, 2011, 6:14 pm

hektorkarl wrote:But if you have your own blog, you get to be the coolest, wittiest, most attractive person on the block.

Here there's a lot of competition.

In my kingdom, it's just me and the dog. Her typing skills are terrible, so I totally dominate.
Hey I've seen your blog picture! She might have terrible typing skills, but she's so cute she'll steal the hearts of all your visitors!

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » May 30th, 2011, 6:40 pm

Hey I've seen your blog picture! She might have terrible typing skills, but she's so cute she'll steal the hearts of all your visitors!
True, she's very cute. In fact, when we're on walks, people stop their cars to comment on how cute/pretty she is.

But she's not a person. So I get to keep the crown as coolest person on blog. Those are the rules.