So...Star Wars or Star Trek?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Emily White

Re: So...Star Wars or Star Trek?

Post by Emily White » December 20th, 2009, 5:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoeEdW-EDQ --How Star Wars should have ended. Watch it. It's hilarious!
Find out about ELEMENTAL, my YA Space Opera (available June 21, 2011) on my blog and ELEMENTAL's facebook fan page

Richard A Kray

Post by Richard A Kray » December 23rd, 2009, 5:21 am

I'm a Star Wars nerd from way back. In fact, Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn was the first non-YA novel I ever read. I don't remember how old I was, but I was young. I've read a ton since, which is saying something since most of them are terrible books. (And that whole New Jedi Order series didn't even seem like Star Wars at all.) So, my vote goes to Star Wars, though I do enjoy the original Star Trek series, for its originality and its campiness.
- Richard A. Kray
http://braineatersanonymous.blogspot.com
(Go follow it. No, seriously, you won't be disappointed.)
(No... seriously.)

jenniferjbennett

Post by jenniferjbennett » January 6th, 2010, 6:30 pm

No contest. Star Wars... I love my new Droid by the way...
Jennifer J. Bennett

OtherLisa

Post by OtherLisa » January 7th, 2010, 7:01 pm

There's a contest?! Star Trek, of course! But the original series only...

charity_bradford

Post by charity_bradford » January 13th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Has anyone tallied this yet? :)

Star Trek! In college I was geeky enough to make my own command uniform, and although my favorite series for TNG, I love the Bajoran earrings. The latest Star Trek so rocked my world! I loved all the subtle toasts to all of the history I've shared with Trek and I am so excited with the new alternate time line. They have a whole universe to explore all over again!
If you are a mother and a writer you have to make the time to write. No one is going to give it to you.
http://charitywrites.blogspot.com/

matildamcc

Post by matildamcc » January 14th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Star Trek!! specifically Star Trek: Next Generation. I love Data...my favorite character...

Dankrubis

Post by Dankrubis » January 14th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Lord of the Rings.

Emily White

Post by Emily White » January 14th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Dankrubis wrote:Lord of the Rings.
Ha! I couldn't agree more! :)
Find out about ELEMENTAL, my YA Space Opera (available June 21, 2011) on my blog and ELEMENTAL's facebook fan page

charity_bradford

Post by charity_bradford » January 15th, 2010, 2:02 pm

Ok, I'm avoiding revisions like the plague so I tallied the votes. :) If they said they liked both, I gave both a point. I did not count what I would consider a half like. For instance, "Star Wars. But I don't mind Star Trek." I only gave a point to Wars. Hopefully, I didn't count one person as voting twice, but my 3 year old is crawling all over me as I try to read and type. Eh, it's all in fun.

Star Wars--15 votes
Star Trek--16 votes
Write in vote for Lord of the Rings (I think a lot of us would vote for this one)

Aaaahhhh! 20 minutes until school is out...curling into a ball on the couch now...good bye...
If you are a mother and a writer you have to make the time to write. No one is going to give it to you.
http://charitywrites.blogspot.com/

J Koyanagi

Post by J Koyanagi » January 17th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Trek all the way.

Nick

Post by Nick » January 17th, 2010, 10:30 pm

Honestly the latest Trek movie is in the same vein as Star Wars: bland entertainment. It's a fun ride while it lasts, but nothing more. Granted, ToS was pretty much just a magical mystery tour of the cosmos, but TNG and DS9 have some really wonderful storytelling. Especially DS9 (fanboy bias, and I intend to stand behind it all the way). Voyager dropped the ball for the most part, sure (I mean, c'mon, the whole series is essentially just the Odyssey...IN SPACE!), but it still has some good stories to be had, occasionally. Enterprise, for all the hate, I actually thought was pretty good. Star Wars is just regurgitation. Really all of Lucas' films are just regurgitation. Indiana Jones is pretty much just a carbon copy of 30s serials, and Raiders is pretty much a grittier facsimile of an old film from the 40s or 50s (forget the title atm). Star Wars is pretty much everything Lucas ever dug thrown into three films, which is pretty much every classical myth ever, plus some classic Japanese films. If I want to see those, I'll go to the original. If I want good stories with strong characters, I turn to Star Trek. And why do I get the feeling I've already posted this exact post?

Anavaz

Post by Anavaz » January 19th, 2010, 1:20 pm

Hmm... this is a tough one.

I do own all of the Star Wars series, but having said that I just bought the Star Trek bluray. I can speak Yodaish, but I can't do the Vulcan sign... Okay this is my answers, I'm a Star Wars fan for life, but I'm the daughter of a serious Treky, therefore I love them both equally.

poptart

Post by poptart » January 24th, 2010, 6:15 am

I must confess I must be the only person in Western civilisation who never got Star Wars.

But the original Star Trek brightened up my childhood. What with Kirk pulling in his stomach and McCoy's bad toupe, not to mention all those semi clad Trekettes in soft focus. All so gloriously un-PC, unlike the later incarnations who never get to blow anyone to bits and spend their time psychoanalysing each other.
Annoying people since nineteen fifty-seven.

I blog here: http://flyingtart.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/sandr_patterson

shadow

Post by shadow » January 25th, 2010, 1:01 pm

Star wars. Short answer lol
All things writing, visit my blog http://arielemerald.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Tycoon

Post by Tycoon » January 28th, 2010, 10:46 am

May the force be with you!