Hunger Games Movie

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
Margo

Hunger Games Movie

Post by Margo » January 26th, 2011, 11:05 am

I noticed a few Hunger Games fans about, so I thought I'd pass on the news I just read. Lionsgate movie. Release March 2012.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Sommer Leigh

Re: Hunger Games Movie

Post by Sommer Leigh » January 26th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Margo wrote:I noticed a few Hunger Games fans about, so I thought I'd pass on the news I just read. Lionsgate movie. Release March 2012.
I've been anxiously waiting to hear who they cast for the different characters. I saw a short list for Katniss about a month ago and I'm kind of rooting for Tania Raymonde to play her. I haven't seen any official announcements on casting yet.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » January 26th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Woot! I really hope they cast fairly unknowns in the roles.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » January 26th, 2011, 1:31 pm

charlotte49ers wrote:Woot! I really hope they cast fairly unknowns in the roles.
Agreed. I hope I don't know most of the cast. I only want Tania Raymonde to play Katniss because when I was reading the book that's who I pictured. I also think she'd be wonderful for her. She played Alex (Ben's "daughter") on LOST.

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » January 26th, 2011, 1:56 pm

I'm just now watching Lost on Netflix (I'm obsessed, btw). She would be pretty good! I think the chick from True Grit would be pretty good, too. Just looked at another picture of her and her skin is actually a pretty solid olive.

jkmcdonnell

Post by jkmcdonnell » January 26th, 2011, 6:34 pm

charlotte49ers wrote:I think the chick from True Grit would be pretty good, too. Just looked at another picture of her and her skin is actually a pretty solid olive.
Agreed! Hailee Steinfeld is gorgeous and young enough to carry the whole trilogy, if it goes that far.

Also, I heard someone mention Armie Hammer for Finnick the other day, and I am DEFINITELY on board with that. <333

abc

Post by abc » January 27th, 2011, 10:04 am

I definitely like the idea of Hailee Steinfeld for Katniss. She's young and has the right look, plus she's really good!

trixie

Post by trixie » January 27th, 2011, 2:24 pm

I read some comments debating Robert Downey Jr vs Hugh Laurie for Haymitch. My vote goes to House.

Sleeping Beauty

Post by Sleeping Beauty » January 28th, 2011, 5:30 am

Gossip sites were reporting that the company wants Megan Fox as Katniss.

*headdesk*

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » January 28th, 2011, 8:05 am

Hugh Laurie would be great and so would RDJ, so I'm good with both.

Megan Fox? If they cast someone in their twenties to play Katniss, I'm going to be really mad. I pictured a true teenager. Besides, Megan Fox is too scrawny and the wrong kind of pretty. I didn't see Katniss as some stunning beauty, but average pretty. And she's tough. Megan Fox doesn't do tough well.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » January 28th, 2011, 8:42 am

charlotte49ers wrote:Hugh Laurie would be great and so would RDJ, so I'm good with both.

Megan Fox? If they cast someone in their twenties to play Katniss, I'm going to be really mad. I pictured a true teenager. Besides, Megan Fox is too scrawny and the wrong kind of pretty. I didn't see Katniss as some stunning beauty, but average pretty. And she's tough. Megan Fox doesn't do tough well.
I've also read that Kristin Stewert is on the short list. I'm begging to whatever book-to-movie gods are listening not to cast her or any other very well known actress. I agree that she has to be young and sort of a rough-pretty. Striking but average. However, I think we're going to see the characters aged up a little. I think Katniss is 15 when the book opens if I remember correctly, but I think the movie characters will be aged up to 17. It seems to be a trend and maybe older teenagers sell better in movies than they do in books. I don't know. I don't think it will harm the story at all though. To be honest I lost track of Katniss's age periodically and had to remind myself of how young she is.

trixie

Post by trixie » January 28th, 2011, 11:30 am

Oh, God. Kristin Stewart? sigh... However, I'd take Stewart over Megan Fox. Katniss isn't supposed to be a sex symbol. I agree with the other commenters that the movie gods should find a relative "unknown" for this role.

I just finished book 3 last night. I will be interested to see how this is marketed to teens (PG13 rating) since it reads as a pretty solid "R" movie. Especially with the end of book 3. Wow.

Robin

Post by Robin » February 1st, 2011, 10:45 am

Is it too early to stand in line for tickets?
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

Sleeping Beauty

Post by Sleeping Beauty » February 2nd, 2011, 1:22 am

trixie wrote:I just finished book 3 last night. I will be interested to see how this is marketed to teens (PG13 rating) since it reads as a pretty solid "R" movie. Especially with the end of book 3. Wow.
It will certainly be an M-rated film on this side of the world - meaning it's appropriate for teens fifteen years and over. American film ratings are fairly confusing to me, to be honest. It seems a lot of films would be rated R that aren't necessarily adults-only.

*EDITED* Because we have a Katniss.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/03/17/h ... -lawrence/
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/03/17/je ... ger-games/

I'm reserving judgement, because I haven't seen Jennifer Lawrence act, but already I'm not a fan of the way the director answered the question regarding Katniss' likely biracial descent. Ah, Hollywood. Apparantly the callsheet asked for Caucasian actresses only. :/

Sleeping Beauty

Post by Sleeping Beauty » April 6th, 2011, 10:13 am

So Josh Hutcherson is Peeta and Liam Hemsworth is Gale.

Hmmmmm.