Silly things we think about

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Watcher55

Re: Stupid things we think about

Post by Watcher55 » December 2nd, 2010, 8:54 am

In case you were wondering (and even if you weren't), you should eat your tater-tots right away 'cause they don't taste so good if you wait until they're old enought for kindergarten.

Mira

Post by Mira » December 2nd, 2010, 11:08 pm

Great topic, Watcher55! I think about all sorts of nutty things all the time.
Jaime wrote:If there is such a thing as reincarnation, then could it be possible that reincarnation is not a linear event? Could I be reborn in 1478 A.D.? That might explain why some people can predict the future . . . Perhaps they actually lived it.

Oooh! Dibbs on that novel concept!!! New WIP, here I come!
Jaime! I've wondered that too! I've also wondered if we can reincarnate as other people. For example, we take turns living Einstein's life, and things like that.

And Nathan - I spend alot of time wondering if plants can feel and think, and what it's like being immobile all the time. Does it bother them, or do they feel mobile because they spread their roots?

I wonder if being reincarnated as a plant would be a huge lesson in acceptance because you have no actual impact on the world around you.

Okay, that's enough random thoughts for today. :)

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 2nd, 2010, 11:23 pm

Mira wrote:I wonder if being reincarnated as a plant would be a huge lesson in acceptance because you have no actual impact on the world around you.
Until something eats you.

Moni12

Post by Moni12 » December 2nd, 2010, 11:33 pm

I think when we die we're reincarnated on other planets and that's where aliens come from!

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 3rd, 2010, 10:13 am

HMM-Hrumph 'Mornin. Has anyone invented that time released alarm-clock pill I've been waiting for? You know, the one that wakes you up by getting rid of the dead rat taste in your mouth?

Fenris

Post by Fenris » December 3rd, 2010, 10:57 am

Moni12 wrote:I think when we die we're reincarnated on other planets and that's where aliens come from!
I wonder that sometimes too! It's touched upon in my WIP (or at least, the series my WIP will be a part of--would that be my UIP, Universe In Progress?), but only kinda because the worlds are so far apart they have no way of communicating.
Watcher55 wrote:Has anyone invented that time released alarm-clock pill I've been waiting for? You know, the one that wakes you up by getting rid of the dead rat taste in your mouth?
I wish.
Mira wrote:For example, we take turns living Einstein's life, and things like that.
But that would mean literally being him--I don't want to have to do all that math, and think of the disastrous effect if I failed!

My random thought for the day--why can't it snow without having to be cold? I love the snow, but it traps me indoors.
Hi, my name's Fenris. I'm a thousand-year-old monster who's broken free to destroy the world. Your kids will love me!

Moni12

Post by Moni12 » December 3rd, 2010, 2:08 pm

Fenris,

I'm also going into the alien reincarnation thing with my WIP because one of my characters actually goes to the Underworld. It also deals with my belief that all religions are just branches off of one...That's a tad tricky, but not impossible.

Fenris

Post by Fenris » December 3rd, 2010, 2:40 pm

Moni12,

That sounds pretty interesting; I know in some of my studies I've noticed peculiar parallels between certain religions (for example, the Greeks and Japanese Shinto both believed in an underworld, Hades and Yami respectively, divided from the world of the living by a river). I've thought about touching on it in my own WIP, since I incorporate gods from all the major pantheons (and many of the minor ones), but so far it's limited to "no one religion was ever completely right, but none were ever wrong." So that's a lot more amorphous than actually taking a closer look at the similarities and such. Still, I'd love to see someone take the idea of branching religions and make it shine, so good luck!
Hi, my name's Fenris. I'm a thousand-year-old monster who's broken free to destroy the world. Your kids will love me!

Guardian

Post by Guardian » December 3rd, 2010, 3:01 pm

Fenris wrote:Still, I'd love to see someone take the idea of branching religions and make it shine, so good luck!
Ahem... I've sent an email regarding this matter. :)

Fenris

Post by Fenris » December 3rd, 2010, 3:22 pm

Guardian: Got it, thanks. I think I've already spotted an instance or two, but wasn't aware if it was a coincidence or intentional (it doesn't seem to be a major theme, but maybe I'm just blind).

Guardian

Post by Guardian » December 3rd, 2010, 3:31 pm

Fenris wrote:Guardian: Got it, thanks. I think I've already spotted an instance or two, but wasn't aware if it was a coincidence or intentional (it doesn't seem to be a major theme, but maybe I'm just blind).
:) You'll see. And you're not blind. It's been written directly on this way.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 3rd, 2010, 8:14 pm

If the past haunts and the future taunts does it not follow that the present flaunts?

Jessi Heinrich

Post by Jessi Heinrich » December 3rd, 2010, 8:30 pm

Watcher55 wrote:If the past haunts and the future taunts does it not follow that the present flaunts?
...That would explain Hollywood.

I spent a lot of the day wondering why I can't have an English accent and how in the world those silly pilgrams lost theirs. If they had just stuck with it, everyone in America would be sexy... :P

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 3rd, 2010, 8:33 pm

Jessi Heinrich wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:If the past haunts and the future taunts does it not follow that the present flaunts?
...That would explain Hollywood.

I spent a lot of the day wondering why I can't have an English accent and how in the world those silly pilgrams lost theirs. If they had just stuck with it, everyone in America would be sexy... :P
I'ma steal that.

Mira

Post by Mira » December 4th, 2010, 3:15 pm

Fenris wrote:
Mira wrote:For example, we take turns living Einstein's life, and things like that.
But that would mean literally being him--I don't want to have to do all that math, and think of the disastrous effect if I failed!

Well, I think not failing is built into this fictional system I've created, but that is an excellent point about the math! Yech. I clearly didn't think this through.

Okay - here's something I think about ALOT. You know that fish that kills you if you eat it UNLESS you cut it and cook it in just the right way?

How did they figure that out??? Did someone say to themselves, "Look, I know this fish is fatal, but I have this strange, compelling feeling that if I cook it the right way, it WON'T kill everyone who eats it. I'm just going to keep trying to cook it in different ways, and when someone I feed it to doesn't drop dead, by George, I'll have found it!!"