Top 5 Favorite Christmas Albums?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
abc

Re: Top 5 Favorite Christmas Albums?

Post by abc » January 8th, 2010, 4:56 pm

I'm catching up on forums, so this is waaaaay after Christmas, but my favorites tend to be by Johnny Mathis, The Carpenters, and now Michael Buble. I like that guy's voice. For songs, O Holy Night tends to get me. I used to only like serious xmas music but Baby It's Cold Outside (name?) in all its renditions, has made me smile of late.

A local radio station plays Christmas music exclusevely from Thanksgiving to the big day. Whenever I flip to it (because, yes, I am a sucker for the holidays) I always ALWAYS hear some version of The Little Drummer Boy. And if it isn't by David Bowie and Bing Crosby I have to turn it off.

Sufjan Stevens has made some very excellent Christmas music. Especially if you are in a melachonly mood.

matildamcc

Post by matildamcc » January 14th, 2010, 6:22 pm

well, I'm a little late, but I LOVE Christmas music (can't help it--I sing in a choir!)

favorites are

Johnny Mathis Christmas

Bing Crosby Christmas

Elvis Presley Christmas

BB King Christmas

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas carols

Kings Choir Cambridge Christmas Carols

Songs of Angels--Christmas Hymns and Carols--Robert Shaw Chamber SIngers

whoops...more than 5

Kids Book Junky

Post by Kids Book Junky » January 14th, 2010, 9:10 pm

I LOVE Christmas music so much my hubby tries to make me wait till Thanksgiving to play it...but I sneak it in...along with Christmas movies. I am a Christmas junky!

Lots of great suggestions here.

I love Martina McBride's White Christmas Album- has all the clasics and her voice soars!

-Charlie