The SQUEE GOOD NEWS Thread

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
marilyn peake

Re: The SQUEE GOOD NEWS Thread

Post by marilyn peake » October 23rd, 2010, 11:40 pm

Wow, RBSHoo, that is an amazing number of hits on YouTube! Congratulations!
Marilyn Peake

Novels: THE FISHERMAN’S SON TRILOGY and GODS IN THE MACHINE. Numerous short stories. Contributor to BOOK: THE SEQUEL. Editor of several additional books. Awards include Silver Award, 2007 ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Awards.

marilyn peake

Post by marilyn peake » October 23rd, 2010, 11:54 pm

My SQUEE GOOD NEWS is that I had a second piece published on the Blog of Literary Agent, Sarah LaPolla, and a third piece accepted for publication on her Blog at a future time. Sarah published an excerpt from my short story, TIGER IN THE PLUM BLOSSOMS, here: http://bigglasscases.blogspot.com/2010/ ... ssoms.html. The entire short story has been published in TWISTED TAILS: AN ANTHOLOGY TO SURPRISE AND DELIGHT: http://www.marilynpeake.com/twistedtails.html .

Earlier, Sarah LaPolla published the entire version of my short story, BRIGHT MOON, on her Blog: http://bigglasscases.blogspot.com/2009/ ... -moon.html .

Needless to say, I’m both thrilled and deeply honored!
Marilyn Peake

Novels: THE FISHERMAN’S SON TRILOGY and GODS IN THE MACHINE. Numerous short stories. Contributor to BOOK: THE SEQUEL. Editor of several additional books. Awards include Silver Award, 2007 ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Awards.

RBSHoo

Post by RBSHoo » October 24th, 2010, 8:35 am

Marilyn, congratulations!

bcomet

Post by bcomet » October 24th, 2010, 1:28 pm

What a great idea!

Maybegenius, Beth, RBSHoo, Truth and Fiction:

SQUEE!

Congratulations. So cool of you to share!

Mira

Post by Mira » October 24th, 2010, 5:26 pm

RBShoo - wow, that's terrific!

Marilyn - that's wonderful news. Love hearing about your success!! :)

Squee!

(okay, that's really fun to say. Or write. Squeeeeeee.)

Mariam Maarouf

Post by Mariam Maarouf » October 25th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Congrats to all of you! Those are REALLY awesome news! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Waiting for my SQUEEEEEEEEE GOOD NEWS to share. Waiting.

Still waiting.

Waiting..

Okay, I'll just submit, finish the chapter I'm working on and GO SLEEP :P
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly." - C. J. Cherryh

http://www.mariam-maarouf.info , http://www.mariamaarouf.blogspot.com , http://www.twitter.com/mariamaarouf

elfspirit

Post by elfspirit » October 25th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Congratulations to everyone who has posted good news. And I love the idea of a good news category. We can't have too much of that.

sbs_mjc1

Post by sbs_mjc1 » October 28th, 2010, 5:35 am

I (S.B.) just had one of my personal essays accepted for publication in the anthology Other Tongues, which will come out this November from Inanna Publications.
http://sb-writingtheother.blogspot.com/
FORGOTTEN GODS is out September 17th 2011! Check the blog for details.

Down the well

Post by Down the well » October 28th, 2010, 10:17 am

sbs_mjc1 wrote:I (S.B.) just had one of my personal essays accepted for publication in the anthology Other Tongues, which will come out this November from Inanna Publications.
Congratulations to you (S.B.). That's awesome!! I went to Inanna's website and saw the cover. Very cool.

stephmcgee

Post by stephmcgee » October 28th, 2010, 11:49 pm

I'm possibly being considered for an interview for an internship at a local magazine. First step in the door to the industry I want to be in. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on this one. But that I'm being considered, when I merely cold-dropped my resume rather than applying directly for the internship, is a squee moment for me.

sbs_mjc1

Post by sbs_mjc1 » October 29th, 2010, 5:12 am

stephmcgee wrote:I'm possibly being considered for an interview for an internship at a local magazine. First step in the door to the industry I want to be in. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on this one. But that I'm being considered, when I merely cold-dropped my resume rather than applying directly for the internship, is a squee moment for me.
Good luck! I'm sure you'll impress them in the interview.
http://sb-writingtheother.blogspot.com/
FORGOTTEN GODS is out September 17th 2011! Check the blog for details.

maybegenius

Post by maybegenius » October 29th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Congratulations to all! RBSHoo, I am so amused that you're responsible for that video... I had several lawyer friends post it to Facebook and the like! Nicely done :)

Good luck on your interview, stephmcgee!
aka S.E. Sinkhorn, or Steph

My Blog | My Twitter | YA!Flash Tumblr

Represented by Michelle Andelman of Regal Literary

One of the Mad Ones

Post by One of the Mad Ones » October 29th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Wow, lots of really great news! It is definitely a good idea to have a place for positive writing stories instead of only the usual lamentations -- though those make me feel better in their own way, too.

I spent the last whole year getting rejected by all my favorite journals, revising what I sent, and getting rejected by my second-favorite journals. So.

But! I have a friend who does a little weekly writing group called Pete's One-Page Symposium, for which he texts 3 words, and the writers write a page using the words in any fashion they like. I participated one week, wrote a little short short (something I've never really done before), and on a whim, after a grand total of maybe three hours of work from thinking to writing to revising, I sent it out to a journal. It got picked up by Foundling Review about a day later and will be published on their website sometime in the next 2 months! It was a nice moment for me, though a little bittersweet, because the stories that I have worked so hard on for months, even years some of them, continue to wander around homeless. One day it will happen! In the meantime, I'm thrilled that complete strangers loved my work enough to accept it, and it's a real boost, even though I can find plenty of ways to downplay it, to believing that I will eventually have more success.

Congrats to everyone with good news -- even small news like mine! Every little step is important and deserves to be celebrated after all the tough breaks writers face.

stephmcgee

Post by stephmcgee » October 29th, 2010, 4:32 pm

Congrats, Mad! That's so awesome! I'm sure you'll find a home for your other works. Just don't give up like I have.

stephmcgee

Post by stephmcgee » October 29th, 2010, 7:21 pm

You guys are good luck for me. I didn't even have the interview yet when I posted about the possibility of getting that interview and y'all just seemed to assume I had or would get the interview. And I did. Interview is next week. Thanks, everyone!