The same character in a new novel!!

Submission protocol, query etiquette, and strategies that work
shadow

The same character in a new novel!!

Post by shadow » January 5th, 2010, 7:03 pm

So guys I wrote a first novel before and queried some agents. The main character lets call him John for now was the antagonist in there. That book pretty much got completely rewritten except for John which turned into my protag cause I love villains. Well he isn't really a villain he just did lots of bad things etc... Anyways its not about the plot here. Would it be ok to query the same agent that I queried 6 months ago just because my new novel had John in it?? He wasn't the main character in the other novel and it is a completely different plot and title. What do you guys think? I thougfht it's ok but I just want to make sure.
All things writing, visit my blog http://arielemerald.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Bryan Russell/Ink

Re: The same character in a new novel!!

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » January 5th, 2010, 7:19 pm

I'd say query away.
The Alchemy of Writing at www.alchemyofwriting.blogspot.com

shadow

Post by shadow » January 5th, 2010, 7:53 pm

Sounds great Ink! I am super excited. I am still polishing though. Did any of you guys ever love one character so much that you had to write a better novel with em being the protag??

ImageImageImageImage

BransfordGroupie

Post by BransfordGroupie » January 5th, 2010, 9:35 pm

So you fell in love with the bad guy huh? How many times has that happened to me (as long as he is not pure evil). I can't say I have fallen for my antagonist though, he's just too mean and sleezy. I'm with Ink, query away :-)
REVELATION: The Book of Angel - First draft complete :-)
Facebook

ebradmon

Post by ebradmon » January 5th, 2010, 10:14 pm

I think its fine! (Now all you'll don't throw stones at me) But even if the novel did get a full rewrite but it still has the same characters... I still think one could re-query agents with it. Good agents get like a bazillion query's... what's one more even if it may have seen some agent action?

shadow

Post by shadow » January 5th, 2010, 10:47 pm

BransfordGroupie wrote:So you fell in love with the bad guy huh? How many times has that happened to me (as long as he is not pure evil). I can't say I have fallen for my antagonist though, he's just too mean and sleezy. I'm with Ink, query away :-)
LOL yes I seem to have a thing for bad guys. But I must admit that I made him a bit less cruel because my betas told me that they would be rooting for his enemies instead of him! :O Yikes! It's all good now. Balanced out. lols.

I think its fine! (Now all you'll don't throw stones at me) But even if the novel did get a full rewrite but it still has the same characters... I still think one could re-query agents with it. Good agents get like a bazillion query's... what's one more even if it may have seen some agent action?

Awesome! Only has one same character though! My ex-antagonist and present protagonist

ImageImageImageImage