Nathan's on vacay. Should we have a party? Maybe a ball?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Heather B

Re: Nathan's on vacay. Should we have a party? Maybe a ball?

Post by Heather B » October 14th, 2010, 8:53 pm

I'll take a model from both Gucci and GQ. After all, they're the most powerful mythical creatures around.
And Margo, of course you can bedazzle their chests. If there's any jello left to toss, Claudie, feel free.

Hmm... I think we should convert Nathan's desk into a stage. Then dig out a moat and fill it with acid wash and crocodiles. Y'know, in case those singers try to escape. It''ll make aiming the wieners a hell of a lot easier too.
Journey to the Cuckoo's Nest

http://heathermbryant.blogspot.com.au/

HillaryJ

Post by HillaryJ » October 14th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Margo wrote:With HillaryJ in Edith Head, me in Dior, HeatherB in a fabu bedazzled ball gown, and bcomet in ruby cowboy boots, I'm thinking we need to incorporate a charity fashion show...to benefit struggling writers...like me.

And if I don't see any guys showing up soon, I'm inviting some models from Gucci and GQ, several really cute male vampires with lots of hair gel, a half dozen male angels with tattoos and killer bodies, three or four hot fallen angels willing to redeem themselves, six or eight metrosexual werewolves, a few college rowing teams, Harry Dresden, James Bond, John Constantine, and a couple extra demonologists (just for good measure).
I misread that as "dermatologists". And it didn't seem like a bad idea.

bcomet - That's right. Me and the Hotdog Weiners, FTW.
Blog http://www.hillaryjacques.blogspot.com
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/hillaryjacques
CARNIEPUNK - http://books.simonandschuster.com/Carni ... 1476714158
as Regan Summers - The Night Runner series from Carina Press

Claudie

Post by Claudie » October 14th, 2010, 11:46 pm

HillaryJ wrote:I misread that as "dermatologists". And it didn't seem like a bad idea.
Let's have both.

And yes, I shall bedazzle chests with Jello. It sounds wrong, but I don't mind. In fact, it seems like one more reason to do it. ;)
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Steppe

Post by Steppe » October 15th, 2010, 12:36 am

I'm reading trying to figure out the previous bears verses space monkey's conflict that broke out the last time Cpt. Wonderbar left the classroom for a smoke and telephone call.

Steppe

Post by Steppe » October 15th, 2010, 12:37 am

I'd make a smashing pumpkin.

Mira

Post by Mira » October 15th, 2010, 10:53 am

Oh goody, more people are joining the party! Hi guys!

So, oddly enough, all of the beautifully bedazzled office decorations have been returned to Nathan's office. I heard a rumor that someone felt that if she suggested the party, she really shouldn't then steal the decorations. No matter how much she wants a new Playstation. And a private Jet.

On the other hand, there are some staplers in the corner. Gosh I hope someone decides to bedazzle them with diamonds. You never know, right? .

And doesn't it look pretty in here. So shiny and sparkly. Nathan will love it. Are we going to bedazzle the crocodiles?

So, I understand that at a formal ball we present people to the Queen? Well, guys, the Queen wouldn't come. She said she's afraid of weiners. She sends her apologies and is sending a replacement instead. It's not the same, and I had some words with her, I can tell you. Nevertheless, we're stuck with him.

So, filling in for the Queen, we shall be presenting our assembly to a pale imitation and second best choice:

Old Spice Guy.

I know we really don't need any more gorgeous models, since Margo was so thoughtful to provide an assortment. But he'll be here in a couple of hours. Sorry to let you guys down, but let's make the best of it, okay?

Heather B

Post by Heather B » October 15th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Wow. Old Spice Guy. Second time I've seen him this week; he certainly picks the big events.

I'm glad those office decorations have mysteriously reappeared, Nathan's office was looking so bare without them. And those staplers? Just try and stop Margo.

So guys, last few days without Captain Wonderbar - when are we bringing in the exotic animals?

Claudie

Post by Claudie » October 15th, 2010, 7:52 pm

You're right Heather! We need to get some space monkeys in here, else Nathan might be disappointed with us! A giraffe would be cool, too. :)
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Heather B

Post by Heather B » October 17th, 2010, 3:38 am

I could just picture a warthog with reading glasses and toupee, lounging at Nathan's desk, awaiting his return.

Hmm... somehow I think we've turned Mira's fantabulous ball into a circus...

Mira

Post by Mira » October 17th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Heather, I confused. This party seems mega classy and glamorous to me. Of course, it can't compare to the glamour and glitz of a circus, but it's pretty good.

So, exotic animals - great idea! I found an Rhinocerous wandering the streets of San Francisco. (I'm surprised. You usually see them there in the Spring). Anyway, I put a tutu on him, and he's willing to dance the limbo for us. I hope the giraffe dances the limbo too. I've waited all my life to see that.

Woot! Having fun. PARTY!

heather_hangs_it

Post by heather_hangs_it » October 17th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Okay, whew! I'm glad I made it! And I'm also glad to see that no one has bedazzled Mr. Old Spice Guy. Is it okay if I undertake that project? And with the lighting in here and all the extra sparkle I figure I can get an awesome amateur photo shoot underway and have some nifty framed prints waiting for Nathan when he gets back.

Are there any weinies left?

Margo

Post by Margo » October 17th, 2010, 10:01 pm

heather_hangs_it wrote:I'm glad I made it! And I'm also glad to see that no one has bedazzled Mr. Old Spice Guy. Is it okay if I undertake that project?
Here, you better have my bedazzling gun. That's a two-gun project!
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » October 17th, 2010, 10:17 pm

I bedazzled the cheese balls with craisins...is that alright?
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

heather_hangs_it

Post by heather_hangs_it » October 17th, 2010, 10:22 pm

mmm... craizeballs!

and thanks for the loan, margo! it was definitely needed. and just so everyone knows, i've set up a cozy little prom-esque photo op off in the corner with a cute little lattice arch, ornate pedestal and highly bedazzled Old Spice guy (for all the single folks out here tonight)

will take payment for pics in the form of bedazzled cheeseballs or jonas-thrown weinies.

Margo

Post by Margo » October 18th, 2010, 10:44 am

cheekychook wrote:I bedazzled the cheese balls with craisins...is that alright?

Award for most inventive and delicious use of a bedazzler: cheekychook! (And the crowd goes wild...though their mouths are filled with cheesy craisins.)
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/