YA/Fantasy/Science Fiction Crit Partner

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
scribbler

YA/Fantasy/Science Fiction Crit Partner

Post by scribbler » October 14th, 2010, 3:48 pm

I was lucky enough to find the world's greatest critique partner on here once, but I refuse to put her though the torture of looking at another draft!! Now I am looking for amazing partner number 2.

I'm happy to read YA as I'm a highschool teacher so I'm pretty in tune with the teenage voice and what kids are reading. That being said, I'll read and critique just about anything as long as it captivates my interest and I see that I can be helpful.

My MS is on draft 4 and a 78k Science Fiction/Fantasy that could be marketed either YA or not. (maybe we'll decide?): In the future in a post apocalyptic world Anastasia Culdethel is the best agent in the Queen's Secret Operations and she is pursuing the most dangerous man alive Colwyn Kalzyrkie. In the present, Jace Killarney a 12 year old kid obsessed with Time Travel, wants nothing more than to escape the present and travel to a time when spit-balls and and his parents vacation are nothing but a distant memory. When his wish is granted and his world collides with Ana's and Kalzyrkie's they have to work together to make things right and maybe even save the world at the same time.

If you're interested, shoot me a message back and we can exchange the first 10 or so pages to critique and see if we're a match :)

nonnocen

Re: YA/Fantasy/Science Fiction Crit Partner

Post by nonnocen » December 17th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Hi,

I've never been/had a critique partner before but your post really interested me. My primary interest is fantasy and I'd love to exchange drafts with you. If you're interested, let me know!

JadePhoenix

Post by JadePhoenix » January 29th, 2011, 11:58 am

Hey, I'd be willing to give being a critique partner a try if you're still interested in one. I'm writing a YA Paranormal and then I have one critique partner who is writing a YA Fantasy (not high fantasy though, more urban). Anyway, I haven't been on here in a while but, in the past, I have done a few critiques of queries, first pages and synopses. Feel free to go search through my past posts and see if you want to see the type of critique partner I'd be.

Kierstoast

Post by Kierstoast » January 30th, 2011, 2:08 pm

I'm also interested, and I have a finished novel that needs critiquing that is young adult. It's about a foster kid basically finding a home in an unlikely place and where his dark secrets come to light at last.