We're not just writers, share your artistic talents!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Guardian

Re: We're not just writers, share your artistic talents!

Post by Guardian » October 1st, 2010, 12:14 pm

dios4vida wrote:Guardian, I agree with everyone else. Your art is incredible!!
Thank you. I'm glad you like them.
Here's the public link to my Facebook photo album. They're mostly nature and sunset photos (I decided to keep the pictures of my cats and niece/nephews out), so I hope you guys enjoy!
Your pictures are beautiful! Not many photographer is capable is catch a moment perfectly and tell a story with one picture, but each of your pictures has a soul and a story to tell. Arizona is a really beautiful place and it has an awesome atmosphere (At least if I see it right most of your pictures are presenting Arizona.). Your pictures are presenting that incredible place perfectly.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » October 1st, 2010, 5:06 pm

Quill wrote:Awesome pics, Brenda. Thanks for posting! And for the cool captions. I love photos with captions. I especially like the wildlife ones. The bobcat is amazing. And the reclining bunny. I visited a friend down in Tucson. She lived in a sort of community on the outskirts and there the pigs (javelina) hung out like they owned the place. Just laying around under the trees, wouldn't run if you approached them. Almost didn't feel safe. And the pack rats would ruin your car's wiring if you weren't on top of that, too. Wild country that Tucson.

Off course we get cats up here in the Prescott area, too. Several mountain lions photographed in yards this year and a bobcat killed. The occasional bear, as well. The javelina run amok here, too, although they don't hang out unless one feeds them. And there's the coyotes.

Anyway, loved your travel shots, too. Cool that you get to travel.
Thank you so much, Quill! My husband and I just cleaned a packrat nest out of my pool heater - the stupid thing broke the heater by building its nest right on top of the heating coil. It was a nightmare. I really enjoy living out here (10 miles south of I-10, just east of Tucson proper) because we do have all the wildlife. I don't get to travel much, but I've really enjoyed the trips I have been able to take. I'm more than happy to share my photos with anyone who will look at them. :)
Guardian wrote:Your pictures are beautiful! Not many photographer is capable is catch a moment perfectly and tell a story with one picture, but each of your pictures has a soul and a story to tell. Arizona is a really beautiful place and it has an awesome atmosphere (At least if I see it right most of your pictures are presenting Arizona.). Your pictures are presenting that incredible place perfectly.
You made me tear up a little bit, Guardian. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about my photos. I try to do justice to God's amazing handiwork and feel blessed that someone feels that I succeeded. And yes, most of the photos are in southern Arizona - in fact, most are from my backyard. (One of the last ones, with the green desert and mountains just visible to the left, is the view that I have from my backdoor.) I'm blessed to live in such a beautiful place. If they're taken somewhere else it should be noted in the captions.
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Down the well

Post by Down the well » October 1st, 2010, 5:44 pm

dios4vida wrote:And yes, most of the photos are in southern Arizona - in fact, most are from my backyard. (One of the last ones, with the green desert and mountains just visible to the left, is the view that I have from my backdoor.) I'm blessed to live in such a beautiful place
I fell in love with Arizona years ago and subscribed to Arizona Highways magazine for awhile just so I could see photos like yours. Well done.

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » October 1st, 2010, 6:20 pm

I'm a photographer:

http://www.amandaplavichphotography.com

And I create shirts and superhero capes/sets for children:

http://sliceoflimedesigns.etsy.com

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » October 1st, 2010, 6:36 pm

Very cool, Guardian!!

And I looovvveee those drawings!! I wish I could draw.

And I love the landscape photography, dios! I suck at landscapes.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » October 1st, 2010, 7:20 pm

charlotte49ers wrote:And I love the landscape photography, dios! I suck at landscapes.
I actually looked at your photography and thought, "Wow. I wish I could take people's pictures like that!" I think people are a lot harder to photograph than nature - at least with trees and sunsets I don't have to worry about getting five pictures with everyone's eyes closed.

And I love that owl shirt! I want one. :)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » October 3rd, 2010, 7:08 pm

dios4vida wrote:So I didn't really want to pick a few of my absolute favorites of my favorite photos, and then I remembered I can show you guys all of them! Here's the public link to my Facebook photo album. They're mostly nature and sunset photos (I decided to keep the pictures of my cats and niece/nephews out), so I hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 98386730a5

BTW, I love your paintings, Sommer, especially the knitting one. It has such character!

Guardian, I agree with everyone else. Your art is incredible!!

These pictures are really lovely! I love nature pictures.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Mira

Post by Mira » October 5th, 2010, 10:32 am

Cool - great photos, dios - very beautiful! I also love nature photography - the only thing I have on my walls.

Charlotte - Love your portraits. Love the eyes especially - and those are great shirts. did you make the shirts, too?

Lots of talent here! :)

Okay, this calls for a new stick figure.

)))))))))))
I
I
I
I

I realize it's self explanatory, but this is a lady with long hair blowing in the wind. It's a side view.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » October 5th, 2010, 9:03 pm

Mira wrote:

)))))))))))
I
I
I
I

I realize it's self explanatory, but this is a lady with long hair blowing in the wind. It's a side view.
Yeah, I totally got that!!!

Mira

Post by Mira » October 6th, 2010, 5:31 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:
Mira wrote:

)))))))))))
I
I
I
I

Yeah, I totally got that!!!

Yes. Thank you. I thought this one was special. I was sort of thinking of changing it to a monster with really big bug eyes....or a mop. But I think the long hair lady really captures the essence of it.

Quill

Post by Quill » October 6th, 2010, 6:58 pm

<'_)))>>=~
..+...
( (... \
.|.|.. \
.|..)
.|.|
.|..\
.|...\

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » October 6th, 2010, 9:56 pm

Quill wrote:.

<'_)))>>=~
..+...
( (... \
.|.|.. \
.|..)
.|.|
.|..\
.|...\

My crystal ball says your talents will take you far in this world :-)

Claudie

Post by Claudie » October 6th, 2010, 11:05 pm

Wow, guys, all of this is incredible. I have to admit, I have no such talents. All I do is draw shiny molecules super well! ;P No, really, when I discovered writing I was all "I CAN BE AN ARTIST!" Yayz. ;)

Also, Quill, I love that figure. Keep practising. ;P
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Mira

Post by Mira » October 7th, 2010, 2:53 am

Quill wrote:.

<'_)))>>=~
..+...
( (... \
.|.|.. \
.|..)
.|.|
.|..\
.|...\

Oh great. This is awesome. I'm being trumped in stick figures. Trumped doesn't cut it. Annihilated.

I was going to draw a field of grass: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

but what's the point, now??

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » October 7th, 2010, 7:48 am

Thanks for the compliments! Portraits are a lot of fun, I think. I wish I could master the skill of landscape photography, I really do!

And the stick figures are awesome. I aspire to your talents. :-P

And yes, Mira, I made those shirts, as well. :-)