I just discovered I have an I-pod and it plays music

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Mira

I just discovered I have an I-pod and it plays music

Post by Mira » September 24th, 2010, 12:56 am

So, maybe this shows how out of it I am, but I really didn't know what an I-pod was. I'm still not sure what MP3s are.

But I do have an I-phone, and I was poking around on I-tunes. DId you know you could download songs for a buck and 25 cents? I downloaded six songs from Glee (I love that show) and I'm listening to them now.

Awesome. Modern technology is amazing. I keep finding these new toys.

No real point to this, just sharing.

Down the well

Re: I just discovered I have an I-pod and it plays music

Post by Down the well » September 24th, 2010, 9:27 am

Mira wrote:But I do have an I-phone, and I was poking around on I-tunes. DId you know you could download songs for a buck and 25 cents?
You've left me speechless, Mira. : O

Robin

Post by Robin » September 24th, 2010, 1:03 pm

LOL!! You are so cute, Mira. Enjoy the new technology my friend.
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

Margo

Post by Margo » September 24th, 2010, 2:54 pm

You're in trouble now. I dropped a ton of cash the night I signed up with a music service...99 cents to $1.29 at a time...
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Leila

Post by Leila » September 24th, 2010, 4:32 pm

I agree with Robin...enjoy!!!

And isn't it great making a new discovery of any kind. So exciting!

stephmcgee

Post by stephmcgee » September 24th, 2010, 4:52 pm

Jealous. My iPod's broken. And I don't even want to know how much it'll cost to fix it. Enjoy your music!

rose

Post by rose » September 24th, 2010, 5:52 pm

lol. I'm a SansaClip woman myself, Mira, although I don't download music as much as I do library audiobooks and BBC/NPR podcasts. The clip also has an FM radio, a handy voice recording feature, and a slot card player, which, in my SansaClip, holds a card with a thousand of the best songs from the eighties and the nineties.

It was the best $30 investment ever. Narrated books are excellent for insomniacs, too. I'm usually sound asleep before the end of the first chapter.

rose
Follow my work at Smashwords:

Riders on the Rez http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35697
The Good-Bye Man

Mira

Post by Mira » September 26th, 2010, 1:15 pm

Down the Well - what? I also discovered this big metal box with the wheels on it is called a car, and it takes you places. ;)

Robin - Thanks. :) I am enjoying my new toy. It's AWESOME.

Margo - I know!!! That 1.25 looks very innocent, until it's multiplied by 50. :p

Leila - thanks! :) I'm having great fun with it. Wish someone had mentioned it to me before. This I-pod thing, it's going to be BIG.

stephmgee - that new little clippy I-pod is only 50 bucks. It looks soooo cool. If I didn't have it on my I-phone, I'd get one of those things.

rose - I've never tried an audio book. That might be my next discovery. I could imagine a soothing voice talking me to sleep. Sounds lovely. :)

Modern technology - what did we do without it???? :)

craig

Post by craig » September 26th, 2010, 2:14 pm

My 8GB iPod is almost full. :-(

I still don't have my entire CD collection on there and it leaves almost no room for new purchases. But I don't want to get a new one with larger memory because I like the size, shape, and weight of my iPod and would rather not have a larger, heavier, bulkier one. Sigh... I'll have to break down and make the purchase one of these days...

(I have an iPod Nano -- back from when they were briefly square-ish... I'm not a huge fan of the newer rectangular shape...)

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » September 26th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Mira wrote:So, maybe this shows how out of it I am, but I really didn't know what an I-pod was. I'm still not sure what MP3s are.

But I do have an I-phone, and I was poking around on I-tunes. DId you know you could download songs for a buck and 25 cents? I downloaded six songs from Glee (I love that show) and I'm listening to them now.

Awesome. Modern technology is amazing. I keep finding these new toys.

No real point to this, just sharing.

Oh Mira! You're adorable!
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Leila

Post by Leila » September 26th, 2010, 4:05 pm

craig wrote:My 8GB iPod is almost full. :-(

I still don't have my entire CD collection on there and it leaves almost no room for new purchases. But I don't want to get a new one with larger memory because I like the size, shape, and weight of my iPod and would rather not have a larger, heavier, bulkier one. Sigh... I'll have to break down and make the purchase one of these days...

(I have an iPod Nano -- back from when they were briefly square-ish... I'm not a huge fan of the newer rectangular shape...)
Craig, that's phenomenal!!! Seriously almost full? You must have the widest musical taste imaginable. Good for you! Care to share a sampling of the diversity of your musical taste?

craig

Post by craig » September 26th, 2010, 9:40 pm

Leila wrote: Craig, that's phenomenal!!! Seriously almost full? You must have the widest musical taste imaginable. Good for you! Care to share a sampling of the diversity of your musical taste?
Yup, I've got an 8-gig iPod and I'm currently sitting at 7.82-gigs of music. I have no apps, podcasts, pictures, videos, games, or anything else on there.

Asking what's on there is a bit tough as it currently adds up to 4.1 days worth of music... And a lot of it tends to be stuff people generally haven't heard of.

Let's see, I've got...

Rock
- Lifehouse, Projet Orange, Snow Patrol, Yellowcard, Dashboard Confessional, etc.

Christian Rock
- Relient K, Hawk Nelson, Smalltown Poets, Swtichfoot, Olivia: The Band, Superchic[k], Number One Gun, etc.

Hard Rock / Christian Hard Rock
- Linkin Park, Skillet, etc.

Acid Jazz
- Thievery Corporation, Sofa Surfers, etc.

Electronica (Dance)
- Andy Hunter, Ultrabeat, and a bunch of random singles.

Electronica (Trance)
- Armin Van Buuren, and a bunch of random singles (mostly stuff found on the Beat Blender stream at somafm.com).

Local (as in Winnipeg) / Canadiana
- Scott Hinkson, City and Colour, Jakalope, Inward Eye, The Weakerthans, The Duhks, etc.

Indie / Singer Songwriter / Similar Stuff
- Deas Vail, Matthew Thiessen and the Earthquakes, etc.

Instrumental
- Vitamin Sting Quartet and other styles of music also from the same "company."

Folk
- Pierson Ross, Joel Plaskett, etc.

Undefinable
- Brave Saint Saturn, Shapes Stars Make, etc.

Most of the music is in English, though there is a fair bit of French, some Portuguese, and a smattering of Hindi and Spanish, with perhaps even some Romanian and Arabic.

That's kinda scratching the surface...

stephmcgee

Post by stephmcgee » September 26th, 2010, 10:42 pm

But that new clippy one doesn't hold enough music. I have no idea how much it holds, really. I just need to break down and schedule a service appointment for my iPod. Then I'll go from there.

Mira

Post by Mira » September 28th, 2010, 12:59 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:Oh Mira! You're adorable!
No, Summer. You're adorable. :)

Steph - whatever you do - good luck! Get your music back. I'm lovin' me some music....la la la la