What superpower would you want?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Vandersun

Re: What superpower would you want?

Post by Vandersun » September 7th, 2010, 5:39 am

I would totally love to be able to borrow other people's talents from them. Just to sing like Katy Perry for a day, or play the guitar like John Mayer, or be able to swim as fast as Phelps at a swim team meet. That would be RAD.

katbrauer

Post by katbrauer » September 7th, 2010, 10:17 am

The ability to correctly eyeball temperature. For example: I'm making caramel, waiting for the sugar-water mixture to reach the desired consistency so it doesn't turn into candy DOOM. My super power allows me to pull it off without having to depend on those new-fangled thermometers. Also works for meat. And my students. (I would never get the flu again!)
:) Kat
365/三百六十五 Photo Blog
I'm hungry! Somebody make me a sammich!

marilyn peake

Post by marilyn peake » September 7th, 2010, 4:55 pm

I want Cormac McCarthy's superpower: to write a best-selling, Pulitzer-Prize-winning novel in only three weeks!
Marilyn Peake

Novels: THE FISHERMAN’S SON TRILOGY and GODS IN THE MACHINE. Numerous short stories. Contributor to BOOK: THE SEQUEL. Editor of several additional books. Awards include Silver Award, 2007 ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Awards.

Jaime

Post by Jaime » September 8th, 2010, 10:34 am

Hmmm . . . the power of . . . persuasion.

Jedi style.

:)

Mira

Post by Mira » September 8th, 2010, 4:21 pm

marilyn peake wrote:I want Cormac McCarthy's superpower: to write a best-selling, Pulitzer-Prize-winning novel in only three weeks!
Okay, awesome. I want that one too!!

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » September 10th, 2010, 12:21 pm

My husband and I were watching The Matrix last night and we got to the part where Neo is getting all of his lessons (I know Kung Fu!), and I went "THAT'S the superpower I want! To be able to learn and master any skill in seconds."
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

bglee

Post by bglee » September 15th, 2010, 9:31 pm

There were some really good ones mentioned, but I'd have to go with the ability to manipulate probability fields. In other words, I want to control the outcome, no matter how improbable. The odds of winning the lottery are 1 in 7 million? No problem. The odds of lightning striking...the guy next to me. Zap. :)