Forum game: Random facts about you

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
One of the Mad Ones

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Post by One of the Mad Ones » July 16th, 2010, 1:05 pm

dios4vida wrote:
I'm 27 and married and still sometimes have problems getting out of bed at night to use the restroom or something. My husband bought me a little flashlight so that I can see and make sure I'm safe.

In a similar thread - I can't look in the mirror at night for fear of seeing something large and dangerous creeping up behind me. If I don't have my little Flashlight of Safety I will stare at my feet as I walk past the mirror and wash my hands so that I don't accidentally see the Untold Terror in the mirror. (hmm...I need to write a story about that!)
I hate to get out of bed at night, and every sound I hear, I instantly think we have an invader. My husband did almost the same thing as yours! But he knows that if it's a noise that has woken me up, I will not move, so instead of giving me a flashlight, he keeps one of those industrial ones by his side and when I pester him to wake up, he flashes it on, and we can see half our house without moving.

As for the Hitler thing, my monsters have always been very realistic - at least in body if not in context. One of the terrors I thought I saw in my mirror at night once was a schizophrenic student who had a breakdown outside of my class every day for a week. (I didn't know she was schizophrenic at the time and just thought she was a danger to my class.) While lying frozen in bed for hours one night, I convinced myself that I'd done something to her, and she had tracked me down somehow using the college's online system to kill me. And she just happened to not wake our 55-pound dog on her way in.

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » July 16th, 2010, 3:09 pm

One of the Mad Ones wrote:
dios4vida wrote:
I'm 27 and married and still sometimes have problems getting out of bed at night to use the restroom or something. My husband bought me a little flashlight so that I can see and make sure I'm safe.

i'm just like you guys... but instead of a flashlight, it's a baseball bat. maybe i'm a little more aggressive...

bronwyn1

Post by bronwyn1 » July 18th, 2010, 10:20 am

When I was younger (around 3-4 years old), I was deathly afraid of birthday parties. Whenever I'd hear the Happy Birthday song, I would hide under the table and cry.

Heather B

Post by Heather B » July 18th, 2010, 7:00 pm

bronwyn1 wrote:When I was younger (around 3-4 years old), I was deathly afraid of birthday parties. Whenever I'd hear the Happy Birthday song, I would hide under the table and cry.
I used to cry every time I watched Beauty and the Beast. It wasn't out of fear though; it was because I didn't want the beast to turn into a man. I always knew it was coming and mum tried hiding the video a few times but it didn't work. Every time it got to that part the tears would be a-streaming down my face. The man was just so ugly...
Journey to the Cuckoo's Nest

http://heathermbryant.blogspot.com.au/

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » July 19th, 2010, 11:27 am

Heather B wrote:
bronwyn1 wrote:I used to cry every time I watched Beauty and the Beast. It wasn't out of fear though; it was because I didn't want the beast to turn into a man. I always knew it was coming and mum tried hiding the video a few times but it didn't work. Every time it got to that part the tears would be a-streaming down my face. The man was just so ugly...
I know!! Prince Charmings are supposed to be handsome, and he was...yuck!
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

adamg73

Post by adamg73 » July 28th, 2010, 5:50 pm

dios4vida wrote: I know!! Prince Charmings are supposed to be handsome, and he was...yuck!
He wasn't yuck, he was cute and furry. Like me.

I love stale Cheetos. When I buy a bag of Cheetos the first thing I do is open it and then put it in the cupboard so they'll be nice and chewy in about a week.
I think my favorite movie might be The Princess Bride. I've seen it about a million times.
My wife and I have matching engagement tattoos that say "Love Conquers All" in Latin.
My football number in little league through high-school was 73 and I tend to use it in my screen names.
I'm a pretty damn good cook.

Anatole

Post by Anatole » August 9th, 2010, 11:58 pm

I once stood in the middle of the biggest ring and announced the acts at a Ringling Bros. Circus.
(I was 8) >_<

beeboo15

Post by beeboo15 » August 24th, 2010, 1:26 pm

My skirt fell off in a movie theater. I'd unbuttoned it so I could finish the last of the popcorn, and forgot it was undone when the movie was over...

Mgrimit

Post by Mgrimit » August 24th, 2010, 5:26 pm

I keep a baseball bat next to my bed. Its one of those thick wooden deals that could really do some damage? When I hear noises or the house creaks I imagine someone really did break in so I can imagine me beating the hell out of them with my trusty bat. I fall asleep real fast as soon as they're unconscious.

I have an addiction to Lemonheads, you know the candy?

Until I was 16 I would run and jump the last four feet to my bed so the man hiding under it couldn't grab me feet.

I nearly tripped and fell down the stairs at my high school graduation.

Once in 11th grade I was sitting on the top of a desk talking to the person who sat behind me and my friend decided to reach over and pinch my side. It scared me so bad I did a back flip over the arm rest and landed on the floor.

I've read Twilight 18 times. (The movies suck.)

Bones is my favorite show of all time.

In high school I had this weird obsession with stealing traffic cones. One in particular I named Fabio and he wore a pirate eye patch.

I stole my husband away from another girl in high school.

And I too had a bad reaction to jaws. For years I wouldn't swim in the part of the pool that was in the shadows because of the sharks.

Oh and I accidentally cracked my brothers skull open... two times. The first I hit him with a jean purse to get him out of my room, and it was apparently filled with something heavy. I had no idea. The second time I knocked a chair off a desk and the metal piece at the end of the leg caught him in the noggin. He's got a thick skull, he's fine.

And last but not least, anything with a value of over 50 dollars should not come into my possession. I've gone through 2 iPods, one got stolen from my car, the other I ran over with it. I've killed expensive cell phones in the following ways: hot tub, pool, laundry, out the window of a moving car, stepping on it, dog ate one, and a couple in the toilet. I cooked one too. It was sitting on the burner that vents heat from the oven. Computers, e-readers, game consoles, printers, cameras, nothing is safe. Although I've had my current iPod for almost a year and because it sits safely in the dock at all times, its still relatively unscathed.

clara_w

Post by clara_w » August 26th, 2010, 8:31 am

That was precious!
I particularly liked :Until I was 16 I would run and jump the last four feet to my bed so the man hiding under it couldn't grab me feet.
Bones is also one of my favourite shows.

Okay, so I eat honey with cramambert cheese. It's really good.

And I laugh at the most unfunny joke in the whole world, which is told below.

(Only read if you want your brain to blow)
There was once a baby chicken born with no anus.
One time, it tried to fart and it blew up.

I know, I scare myself too.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » August 26th, 2010, 7:21 pm

clara_w wrote:And I laugh at the most unfunny joke in the whole world, which is told below.

(Only read if you want your brain to blow)
There was once a baby chicken born with no anus.
One time, it tried to fart and it blew up.
Wow, and I thought my husband had a bad sense of humor!! He even has his own chicken joke:

Why does a chicken coop have two doors?
Because if it had four it would be a chicken sedan.

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Emerald_Resonance

Post by Emerald_Resonance » August 28th, 2010, 5:32 pm

First day on the forums and I'm already in the procrastination section...

Whenever I'm really deep in thought, I wiggle my foot rhythmically (and incessantly. Oh, the adverbs). One time while I was sitting on my bed writing (with my foot wiggling 100 miles and hour), my mom came in and grabbed my foot. I instantly lost my train of thought.

elfspirit

Post by elfspirit » August 29th, 2010, 12:16 pm

Every day wild turkeys march through my back yard (I live on the edge of a forest), with several chicks in tow. I always stop whatever I'm doing, especially if it's writing, to watch them. Yesterday the babies practiced flying. This has proven to b e my most effective procrastination technique all summer.

I fully understand the shark terror, although I swim in the ocean every chance I get.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » August 30th, 2010, 12:38 pm

elfspirit wrote:Every day wild turkeys march through my back yard (I live on the edge of a forest), with several chicks in tow. I always stop whatever I'm doing, especially if it's writing, to watch them. Yesterday the babies practiced flying. This has proven to b e my most effective procrastination technique all summer.
I live in the middle of the desert, and I have quail that do about the same thing. And bunnies. And the occasional bobcat. Watching wildlife through the back door is absolutely the best procrastination!!

Down the well

Post by Down the well » August 30th, 2010, 9:08 pm

dios4vida wrote:
elfspirit wrote:Every day wild turkeys march through my back yard (I live on the edge of a forest), with several chicks in tow. I always stop whatever I'm doing, especially if it's writing, to watch them. Yesterday the babies practiced flying. This has proven to b e my most effective procrastination technique all summer.
I live in the middle of the desert, and I have quail that do about the same thing. And bunnies. And the occasional bobcat. Watching wildlife through the back door is absolutely the best procrastination!!

Aren't you both lucky to see such wildlife out your back door.

Random fact about me: I've lived in Colorado all my life and this summer was the first time I saw a bear. I was on vacation in Durango when I saw it. But even in the city where I live we've had bear sightings as close as two miles away from my house. Mountain lions too. And we hear the coyotes almost every night during the summer in the field across the street.