The Introduction Thread

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
MayahNRobinson

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by MayahNRobinson » September 30th, 2023, 11:43 pm

Hello. My name is Mayah N. Robinson and I am a upcoming picture book/middle grade debut author who is hopefully pitching in #DVpit in October with a picture book that gets traditionally published. I enjoy writing science fiction, fantasy, poetry, and romance. I came here so before #DVpit starts my manuscript will be ready to go to agents/editors. It does depend though on if I work on other projects, though.

I am also considering doing Nanowrimo this year if possible.

SusB

Post by SusB » December 16th, 2023, 11:56 am

Hi! I just came on board. My name is Susan and I live in Maryland, USA. I'm working on a middle-grade book and dealing with Affinity Publisher. I hope Publiser is used by a lot of this group, 'cause I need help! I've self-published two other books. Since they were based on my grandfather's experiences, I figured they would mostly be read by relatives, so I didn't worry a lot about getting their layout perfect. My current novel needs to be visually tighter (I'm about to spend a lot of money on an illustrator, too), so I'm looking for advise on making the layout work. Let me know if this is the wrong forum for that.

Selby-Benson

Post by Selby-Benson » March 22nd, 2024, 11:34 am

Hello everyone out there,

I go by Benson and have been writing since I was six. It started by making comic books and selling them to other kids in daycare for a quarter each. I’m 23 now and looking to get more serious about my career as a writer. I’m currently an advanced emt and working full time and write 1000 words a day. This is my first time posting on a forum so I’m not sure if I’m doing this right. I finished the first draft of my first novel and it’s in the hands of my alpha reader (my girlfriend) currently. It’s a fiction book that follows a deranged artist and a college student who will do anything to save his dying brother. If there is anyone out there interested in becoming a beta reader for my work I would be more than happy to share it with you. Thank you and happy writing!