Seeking beta readers for Sci-fi novels

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
RickWhit677

Seeking beta readers for Sci-fi novels

Post by RickWhit677 » June 29th, 2023, 5:02 pm

I'm seeking beta readers for my Sci-Fi novels. Novels are a mix of soft and hard sci-fi. Currently working on my third, which is part of a series, but not a sequel. Novels are set in the future on exoplanets and interstellar space. Whether you read soft, hard, military, space opera, or steampunk, I'd like to hear from you.

asq

Re: Seeking beta readers for Sci-fi novels

Post by asq » November 16th, 2023, 9:42 am

Hello, RickWhit677. Could you please reply with word count, status (completed or not, first/second/? draft, already self-edited or not, etc.), theme/controlling idea (5-10 words), inciting incident, plot arc and a brief synopsis (150 words) of your novels? I've been reading sci-fi/fantasy for decades, developing a taste for plausible (medium-soft to hard) sci-fi and inventive (NO MORE orcs, elves, vampires, werewolves, zombies, or overdone blahs) fantasy with a penchant for hard magic. Maybe I can find time to beta-read forthcoming work.

RickWhit677

Post by RickWhit677 » November 17th, 2023, 11:13 am

Albion is a 70,000-word Science fiction interstellar novel that explores themes of tolerance, freedom, and the definition of what it means to be human. Against the background of colonization of an exoplanet in the Centaurus system, sympathetic colonists struggle to protect pre-modern humans and sapient lemurs that inhabit the planet.
When war erupts, Cortes, aided by Amos Constant, Administrator of the colony, Aleksey Petrov, with the military command, and Rok, leader of the indigenous human tribe, must hold off the government’s forces until help arrives from Earth.

asq

Post by asq » November 17th, 2023, 5:59 pm

Can you please send me the first act? It usually comprises about the 1/4 of the book, in this case the first 15,000 to 20,000 words. A PDF file would be perfect, as long as it has page numbers, and on each page, line numbers beginning at 1. This way I can, for example, type feedback for Page 13, lines 8 to 21.

Care to suggest, please, a manner for me to pick up the PDF file, and for me to forward my impressions?

Cheers!

asq

Post by asq » November 20th, 2023, 2:23 pm

RickWhit677 wrote: November 17th, 2023, 11:13 am Albion is a 70,000-word Science fiction interstellar novel
I'd love to look at the first 15-20,000 words of your book. Are there any technical difficulties? If so, we can discuss options and solutions.

Cheers!