seeking beta readers for literary fiction

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
DM-Aave

seeking beta readers for literary fiction

Post by DM-Aave » March 28th, 2023, 2:53 pm

Dear Betareaders,

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the third draft of my debut novel, No Hands To Caress My Face.

Set in regional Australia during the mid-90s, the novel centres on two families and is told from multiple perspectives. It explores themes of memory, trauma, and youth in a mining town ravaged by privatization. Please note that while the story is inspired by real events and experiences, it is not autobiographical, nor a true story.

The novel is 120K words and is aimed at adults who read postmodern literary fiction. I am seeking feedback on individual chapters, writing style, and the overall narrative. I plan to go through one chapter a week, totaling 12 chapters, so I can incorporate feedback and advice into a final draft. I welcome both general impressions and detailed feedback.

A little about me: I am a first-time writer, Australian born, currently living in Senegal. I worked as an audio engineer and music producer for 15 years, but in 2021, I closed my business to travel and explore writing.

I am currently studying English Literature at Deakin University and working on my second novel. I have had two rounds of alpha testing, but are seeking more refined and professional criticism.

The novel evolves over a 12-month period and is told from the perspective of 12 characters. It examines generational trauma, class, race, gender, and opportunity. The title is a reference to a Mario Giacomelli photograph discussed in the book.

I can share a word document, pdf, or epub file on request.

Thank you for your time and effort in advance. I look forward to your feedback.

Kind regards.

DM.

DM-Aave

Re: seeking beta readers for literary fiction

Post by DM-Aave » April 7th, 2023, 4:26 am

Bump