Amazon Ads?

Submission protocol, query etiquette, and strategies that work
Transitoria

Amazon Ads?

Post by Transitoria » August 16th, 2010, 2:13 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to take out an ad on Amazon for a not-yet-published novel? I am trying to be proactive and build a media platform for my novel, MAN OF THE HOUSE, before I start querying. I already have a thousand hits on the website, primarily from a Facebook ad, but I want more clicks and to reach out to readers everywhere. My website contains a four chapter excerpt that anyone can read and send me feedback via the contact page. I'm thinking this will speed the process of getting an agent if they can read the excerpt at their own discretion before requesting more info as well as creating a buzz (be it small, but growing) about my book.

My website is: http://www.TammySetzerDenton.com

There's an excerpt, bio and a partial list of WIP. I'll also be posting photos from the Iowa Summer Writing Festival soon.

Tammy

Mira

Re: Amazon Ads?

Post by Mira » August 17th, 2010, 5:29 pm

I don't know the answer to this, but you might contact Amazon and ask them. They have a very thorough customer service section.....

It's an interesting idea.....honestly, though, does Amazon even run ads?

Transitoria

Re: Amazon Ads?

Post by Transitoria » August 19th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Received a reply from Amazon, and the answer is no. Unless I have a physical book to sell, they don't have a category for me. They were very prompt and cordial and asked it I wanted to be on a list to be informed if they make a change that would affect me. They did say that they have no future plans to make such a change.

I did take out a Google Ad and they results have been tremendous! I'm building that platform, day by day. Some day, I will have an agent and a published novel.