critique partner for young adult fiction

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
riverkeeper

critique partner for young adult fiction

Post by riverkeeper » August 2nd, 2019, 1:40 pm

Seeking a critique partner for young adult fiction

Princesisto

Re: critique partner for young adult fiction

Post by Princesisto » October 1st, 2019, 4:35 am

I am willing.

riverkeeper

Post by riverkeeper » October 1st, 2019, 10:37 pm

Tell me about your project.
Mine is for "tweens".
The chapters are very short.
It is a coming of age story.

Willing to give feedback and be a sounding board.

Princesisto

Post by Princesisto » October 2nd, 2019, 3:26 pm

The project is a short story anthology now and soon a novel (manuscript almost finished). In the novel, some Chapters are short, some are long but you can specify the number of words you want to read at any given time. You don't have to read full Chapters at one go.

I did not conceive the story as for children but the short stories that went on Wattpad got mostly read and liked by tweens, teens and young adults (20 something). I think that demographic happened because the main character is a precocious 9 year old child pop star, a piano prodigy and songwriter, in the year 2025.

She writes her own songs (of course I write them) and the lyrics are there, which makes it attractive to young people. But in addition to breaking into the music business, she gets involved with bringing down a military government in her family's adopted home of Guatemala (from the safety of Los Angeles, campaigning on the internet but which makes her a target around the world), stopping school shootings, the fight against global warming and reviving classical music by writing English words to parts of concertos.

I can critique on the micro level, the macro level or both as you wish. I have had experience doing so on many writers' sites. If you are interested, PM your e-mail address and we'll exchange drafts as attachments. I'll send you something about the same size as you send me.

riverkeeper

Post by riverkeeper » October 4th, 2019, 10:19 pm

I am just a reader that offers suggestions. Not an editor nor an agent. Have a Masters Degree in the Health Sciences.
Do not do twitter, Facebook, Texting, etc.
Have had critique partners call and read aloud. It seems to work for them.

Don't know what micro nor macro mean.

Plot sounds intriguing.

Think you are out of my league.