Introduction

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
koaladoesit

Introduction

Post by koaladoesit » January 20th, 2019, 3:54 am

Hi everyone, I thought it would be polite to introduce myself.
I am not a writer yet, I am merely someone who is obsessed with an idea and wants to learn the trade so she can write the book. I am working on a piece of realist fiction, have two alternate beginnings for the same kind of book and I want to learn how to improve my writing technique so I can communicate my ideas in a readable and engaging way. Have I come to the right place for that?

I am a full time IT engineer and a mother, so I am not planning to live off my writing, all I want is to reach as many people as possible with my stories. Main theme there is mental health, I have seen a few books written by mentally ill people trying to give a glimpse of what the road to recovery looks like, but the writing was lacking depth and a well-defined style, I think there is a gap there that I intend to fill.

As I said, I am not a pro but want to become one, for the sake of my stories and ideas. If my IT career ever taught me anything, it's that any problem is solvable by breaking it down into smaller problems and solving them first. I am hoping to find critique partners here that I can share my writing with and get advice from.

When given a text I usually dedicate a good chunk of my time to understanding what works and what doesn't in it. That means that, if you help me improve I will do my best to give you a fair andelaborate opinion on your writing too.