Seeking critique partner for a YA/NA twisted fairy tale

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
dreadlordfluffypants

Seeking critique partner for a YA/NA twisted fairy tale

Post by dreadlordfluffypants » January 7th, 2019, 8:38 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking for a CP, this is the synopsis on what I'm working on now. I'm usually a Y/A writer this is kinda more N/A with a YA feel, but let me know if you wanna do a swap to see if we fit. I have tones of CP experience and am Always looking for long-term CP's. it's completed at 80K

Scarlett Wolfe couldn’t help but think that if someone had told her this afternoon, as she stood in front of her mirror holding up dress after dress, that later that evening she’d find herself tied up in a warehouse, held for ransom by members of the Irish Mafia. She would have definitely stayed in and binge-watched Netflix.
First dates are always awkward, blind dates even more so, so when Scarlett Wolfe’s mother sets her up with Raiden Knight, a ‘handsome business man’ that frequented their family bakery, she’d expected a less than stellar night. She’d imaged a stuffy, middle-aged office worker, in cheap suits, who excelled at the art of small talk. What she didn’t expect was for her date to be a dangerously sexy, internationally wanted, Yakuza crime boss, whose shoes looked to be worth more than her car! She’d also never imagined that by the end of the night that she’d be his.
When Raiden’s enemies mistake her for his new woman and kidnap her to get to him, Scarlett ends up indebted to her dark and unpleasant blind date. Caught up in the dangerous world of London’s underground, Scarlett helps Raiden weed out the rats in his organisation as payment for her life. But when it comes downs to ‘family’ business, Raiden might just be worse than anything she has to face in her new life. Can she survive long enough to repay her debt or will this beauty lose everything to her new Boss?
Beauty and the Boss is a twisted, modern-day take on the classic Disney fairy tale.

PhilipCK

Re: Seeking critique partner for a YA/NA twisted fairy tale

Post by PhilipCK » February 8th, 2019, 9:41 pm

Hi, I am happy to exchange manuscripts. This is my story's blurb:

Against all odds, Noa, an unknown local boy, enters the famous Tahiti surfing event, and challenges the rich kids that dominate the sport. But that’s just the beginning. An ancient evil force comes out of the abyss, flattens his village and almost kills him. According to legend, there is a way to stop it from devouring humankind. Noa and his friends sail on an old pirate ship to discover if it’s true.